Restaurant Preview - Why We Can’t Wait to Eat at New Orleans’s New Airport (1 Viewer)

DadsDream

Dreaming of a SAINTS Super Bowl!
Reaction score
After all the delays, digging up the floors to fix stuff that should have been done right the first time, and all the negative press, it's good to FINALLY see somebody say something good about the new airport!

1571867289839.png

Why We Can’t Wait to Eat at New Orleans’s New Airport

One of the centerpiece venues will be Leah’s Kitchen, an homage to the late, self-taught Creole chef Leah Chase, who died earlier this year at age 96. The New York Timesreported that Chase’s grandson, Edgar Chase IV, will operate the restaurant, which will serve classic Creole cuisine.

Chase’s storied restaurant Dooky Chase’s, located in the city’s Tremé neighborhood, has an outpost in the airport’s old terminal, but that will shut down when the old terminal does on November 6. At Leah’s Kitchen, diners will be able to indulge in Leah’s famed fried chicken and gumbo to the backdrop of a large mural depicting her image

1571867186955.png

LINK:

I'll look forward to seeing this mural in person when my daughter flies in for Thanksgiving.

1571867573873.png

You can go see it tomorrow if you don't want to wait until Thanksgiving. They're having one more open house tomorrow and then it will be closed to the public until November 6th. I went yesterday and really enjoyed walking around and checking out all the new eateries and concessions. Once you're in you can walk around at your own pace since it's not a guided tour.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom