RIP Josh Maravich (1 Viewer)

Holy crap!

Last edited:
Oof, too young. I mean, I remember watching Pistol Pete when I was a kid, now his kid passes away. Not the same, but I still think about Whitney Houston and her daughter dying fairly young. Crazy.

Oof, too young. I mean, I remember watching Pistol Pete when I was a kid, now his kid passes away.

I can remember being a freshman in high school in Florida and sitting in my first period English class when my teacher told us the news.. many of my classmates had never heard of him, but being from Louisiana originally and having been to my first concert at the Maravich Assmebly Center - and having been a huge Jazz fan when he played for them- i was stunned.. but then i i heard how old he was and, as a 13 yr old, i thought “Well, at least he had a nice long run”…. He was 40… Man, perspective sure is funny .

Last edited:
I can remember being a freshman in high school in Florida and sitting in my first period English class when my teacher told us the news.. many of my classmates had never heard of him, but being from Louisiana originally and having been to my first concert at the Maravich Assmebly Center and having been a huge Jazz fan when he played for them, i was stunned.. but then i i heard how old he was and, as a 13 yr old, i thought “Well, he at least he had a nice long run”…. He was 40… Man, perspective sure is funny .
Indeed.

I can remember being a freshman in high school in Florida and sitting in my first period English class when my teacher told us the news.. many of my classmates had never heard of him, but being from Louisiana originally and having been to my first concert at the Maravich Assmebly Center and having been a huge Jazz fan when he played for them, i was stunned.. but then i i heard how old he was and, as a 13 yr old, i thought “Well, he at least he had a nice long run”…. He was 40… Man, perspective sure is funny .
The one and only time I’ve ever been in a Hard Rock was the day Pistol passed
Family was eating at the one in the Quarter (can’t remember why that was the choice)
Anyway Dad toasted Pete’s passing
Sad day

Related story
I was on the Biddy 10yr old Allstate team
I was the only one wearing glasses and most called me ‘Mr Peepers’
Seemingly one practice I just caught fire and later one of my teammates said ‘good shooting out there Mr Peepers’
And I jokingly said ‘call me Pistol Peepers’
Evidently one of the dads overheard that and the name stuck

The one and only time I’ve ever been in a Hard Rock was the day Pistol passed
Family was eating at the one in the Quarter (can’t remember why that was the choice)
Anyway Dad toasted Pete’s passing
Sad day

Best meal i ever had was at Hard Rock Cafe in NYC.. had one day and overnight off from working as a camp counselor in the Pocono mountains.. one overnight for the WHOLE SUMMER…. So of course a few of us chose to spend in in Manhattan.. spent the whole first day walking the City, i mean from Central Park to the World Trade Center to the top of the Empire State to god knows where else.. must have walked 20 miles that day.. we kept on putting off eating til finally we stumbled into the Hard Rock for dinner, i ordered some type of Tortilla Chicken Salad and i was so famished that to this day it was the best thing i ever tasted.. it *might* have had something to do with how hungry i was vs the actual quality of the meal . :hihi:

btw Pistol Peepers is a pretty cool nickname

This sucks. I hooped with him a few times at a gym in Mandeville back in the day. He was always really kind.

I can remember being a freshman in high school in Florida and sitting in my first period English class when my teacher told us the news.. many of my classmates had never heard of him, but being from Louisiana originally and having been to my first concert at the Maravich Assmebly Center - and having been a huge Jazz fan when he played for them- i was stunned.. but then i i heard how old he was and, as a 13 yr old, i thought “Well, at least he had a nice long run”…. He was 40… Man, perspective sure is funny .
Josh got 2 more than his dad. Poor Jackie and Jaeson.

"Uninterrupted: The Real Story of Basketball" about Pistal Pete on the VICE channel right now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom