SaintKat's interview about the Saints! (1 Viewer)

SaintKat

French Quarter
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Just wanted to share an interview I did recently -- what cracks me up about it is that it was supposed to be an interview about people in the film business giving back - and it still manages to be about my love for the Saints! I sound like a crazy fan girl! :)

I know we can't post entire articles, but here is the paragraph about the Saints below:

Article > Entertainment

Women You Should Know: Katherine Fugate

By Moira Murphy December 18, 2010 12:00 PM

Screenwriter and Philanthropist....

The whirlwind success of Valentine’s Day collided head on with another great interest of Katherine’s: the Saints football team. This New Orleans part-time local is a huge fan, and after she attended last year’s Super Bowl game and victory after party, she had just one hour of sleep before boarding a plane in Miami at 4:30 A.M. to fly back to Los Angeles for the premiere of Valentine’s Day. Katherine relates, “That February was a month when so many dreams came true, I was afraid I was dead!” Katherine is moved by the way the Saints team “represents the spirit of the underdog. They’re the glue of the city. The Saints organization and the players are very active in the community. The players even build new football fields at schools that were ravaged by Katrina.”

Like the Saints, Katherine is active in many charitable endeavors. She said, “I grew up in a family with domestic violence and alcoholism. It scarred me but also inspired me to reach out.” For instance, Katherine is a donor to the Downtown Women’s Center, sending backpacks and CD players to the children who have escaped homes with domestic violence. She initiated The Writer Fund in which anonymous donors can make contributions to support fellow WGA members who have fallen on hard financial times. She’s also an ardent supporter of the Wayuu Taya Foundation, campaigning for funds to build a school for the indigenous people of Venezuela, and Make-It-Right and Habitat for Humanity, building new homes in New Orleans. She’s a screenwriting mentor in Women In Film’s mentorship program, and her advice to budding writers is to “ask yourself, ‘What did I do today to make my dream come true?’ ”

http://webegirls.com/

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom