Saints are 2nd best in the NFL with the fewest 3 and outs on offense. (1 Viewer)

TheIronSheik

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
The Saints have gone 3 and out 23 times this year which is tied for 2nd fewest in the NFL. But the part that will really surprise you is that teams with the fewest 3 and outs in the NFL is Jacksonville with 9.

I got the info from the AFC south blog on espn.com
Three-and-outs by team

<table><thead> <tr> <th>Three-and-outs</th> <th>Team</th> </tr> </thead><tbody><tr class="last"> <td>44</td> <td>Carolina Panthers</td> </tr> <tr class="last"> <td>41</td> <td>Chicago Bears</td> </tr> <tr class="last"> <td>41</td> <td>Detroit Lions</td> </tr> <tr class="last"> <td>40</td> <td>Seattle Seahawks</td> </tr> <tr class="last"> <td>39</td> <td>St. Louis Rams</td> </tr> <tr class="last"> <td>39</td> <td>Arizona Cardinals</td> </tr> <tr class="last"> <td>38</td> <td>Washington Redskins</td> </tr> <tr class="last"> <td>37</td> <td>San Francisco 49ers</td> </tr> <tr class="last"> <td>36</td> <td>Denver Broncos</td> </tr> <tr class="last"> <td>35</td> <td>Tennessee Titans</td> </tr> <tr class="last"> <td>35</td> <td>Oakland Raiders</td> </tr> <tr class="last"> <td>33</td> <td>Buffalo Bills</td> </tr> <tr class="last"> <td>33</td> <td>New York Jets</td> </tr> <tr class="last"> <td>33</td> <td>Pittsburgh Steelers</td> </tr> <tr class="last"> <td>32</td> <td>Cleveland Browns</td> </tr> <tr class="last"> <td>32</td> <td>Kansas City Chiefs</td> </tr> <tr class="last"> <td>31</td> <td>Cincinnati Bengals</td> </tr> <tr class="last"> <td>31</td> <td>Green Bay Packers</td> </tr> <tr class="last"> <td>31</td> <td>Tampa Bay Buccaneers</td> </tr> <tr class="last"> <td>30</td> <td>Philadelphia Eagles</td> </tr> <tr class="last"> <td>29</td> <td>New York Giants</td> </tr> <tr class="last"> <td>28</td> <td>Baltimore Ravens</td> </tr> <tr class="last"> <td>28</td> <td>Dallas Cowboys</td> </tr> <tr class="last"> <td>25</td> <td>Atlanta Falcons</td> </tr> <tr class="last"> <td>25</td> <td>Minnesota Vikings</td> </tr> <tr class="last"> <td>25</td> <td>New England Patriots</td> </tr> <tr class="last"> <td>24</td> <td>Miami Dolphins</td> </tr> <tr class="last"> <td>24</td> <td>San Diego Chargers</td> </tr> <tr class="last"> <td>23</td> <td>Houston Texans</td> </tr> <tr class="last"> <td>23</td> <td>Indianapolis Colts</td> </tr> <tr class="last"> <td>23</td> <td>New Orleans Saints</td> </tr> <tr class="last"> <td>9</td> <td>Jacksonville Jaguars</td> </tr> <tr class="last"> <td colspan="2">Source: Elias Sports Bureau</td></tr></tbody></table>

Jacksonville's 9 is just incredible... Nice to know we are in 2nd :hihi:

Rams have 39... Hopefully we help them increase that number a little bit!

Believe it or not Jax is pretty damn solid. Still has a bad D but they get it done.

I call bull on the Jacksonville stat.

That just can't be.

That's less than once per game. They have a mediocre offense.

Could be Jacksonville turns the ball over alot on 2nd down.:idunno:

I checked their 2 worst offensive games and they only had 2 three and outs total in those games. They did, however, throw 3 interceptions on 3rd down that would otherwise have been a 3 and out.

I think to put it in perspective I would want to see the number of offensive plays that each team runs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom