Saints Back to Football 5k (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
for any runners out there.

saturday september 10 at 7:30am. finish on the 50 yard line. did it the first year, was new to running, wasnt prepared and it was humid as usual in Nola in sept. but fun route and finishing in the dome was awesome.

Saints Kickoff Run |

This was the first 5k I ever did two years ago and had a blast. Had an injury last year so took my time during the race. This year shooting for 20 minutes or less. I really enjoy this race and will be there.

My six year old did the kids race last year and is looking forward to this one again. She said she is going to be me real easy this year. My wife also walked in the race with our 2 year old. My wife took her out the stroller and she walked the field to the finish line and got a medal too. It was good fun for all of us.

This was the first 5k I ever did two years ago and had a blast. Had an injury last year so took my time during the race. This year shooting for 20 minutes or less. I really enjoy this race and will be there.

My six year old did the kids race last year and is looking forward to this one again. She said she is going to be me real easy this year. My wife also walked in the race with our 2 year old. My wife took her out the stroller and she walked the field to the finish line and got a medal too. It was good fun for all of us.

20 mins or less! thats awesome. my PR was april 23 this year at 26:53.7. i was shooting for under 28. hoping to be under 26 and MAYBE 25 this fall/next spring.

Haha! You guys and your times! I'm a flat footed semi-fat guy. The first year I did it I couldn't even run all the way through. Finished at 36 minutes. Yikes. A couple of years ago I did it again and finished just under 31. This year I hope to be able to get sub 30 if I can attend. I may have a work conflict. It's a really fun time though and there's nothing like running into the Dome.

Haha! You guys and your times! I'm a flat footed semi-fat guy. The first year I did it I couldn't even run all the way through. Finished at 36 minutes. Yikes. A couple of years ago I did it again and finished just under 31. This year I hope to be able to get sub 30 if I can attend. I may have a work conflict. It's a really fun time though and there's nothing like running into the Dome.

Hahah, you're not alone, man! I'm a tall skinny guy and probably won't get under 35 minutes. I'm more built for speed but not distance because my cardio is ****. :hihi:

I've never done a 5K before but I've been thinking about doing this one as my first. :)

I did sub 31 2 years ago and took a year off last year (I was still winded). Planning on running again this year if my knees hold up.

Yeah... hopefully this Couch to 5K program is done by then. If not, I'll run/walk it anyway. Looking at the map though, where are the last 2K of the race? Or are the numbers on the map denoting the miles and not the km?

Anyone having trouble signing up for the updates?

Yeah... hopefully this Couch to 5K program is done by then. If not, I'll run/walk it anyway. Looking at the map though, where are the last 2K of the race? Or are the numbers on the map denoting the miles and not the km?

Anyone having trouble signing up for the updates?

Couch to 5k is how I started and in dec 2011 and did my first 5k in February 2012. Did my first half marathon this passed March.

Congrats and keep it up. It's a hard time to get started running! Just bear with it

Couch to 5k is how I started and in dec 2011 and did my first 5k in February 2012. Did my first half marathon this passed March.

Congrats and keep it up. It's a hard time to get started running! Just bear with it
Totally agree. I should be on week three, but I did week one twice because I wasn't pleased with how I did it the first time around. Met a few people who've completed it and swears by it.

I did the inaugural run a couple of years ago. Took 3rd place in my age group. It's my favorite running bling of all.

Great race! This is how I proposed to my wife two years ago. We ran the race and I got down on one knee in the end zone. She is as die hard a Saints fan as I am.
Great race!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom