Saints/falcons Statistical Comparison (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Redzone Scoring %
Saints 17th 50%
falcons 7th 60.8%

Redzone Defense
Saints 5th 42.5%
falcons 19th 52.6%

Points Scored Per Game
Saints 7th 25.3
falcons 5th 26.4

Points Allowed Per Game
Saints 9th 19.3
falcons 7th 18.6

3rd Down Conversion %
Saints 1st 48.9
falcons 2nd 48.4

3rd Down Conversion Defense % Allowed
Saints 9th 35.4
falcons 22nd 39.8

Yards Per Rush Attempt
Saints 21st 4.0
falcons 24th 3.9

Yards Allowed Per Rush Attempt
Saints 19th 4.4
falcons 25th 4.6

Yards Per Pass Attempt
Saints 9th 6.9
falcons 25th 6.2

Yards Allowed Per Pass Attempt
Saints 9th 6.2
falcons 19th 6.7

Passing Touchdowns Allowed Per Game
Saints 1st 0.7
falcons 16th 1.5

Penalties Per Game
Saints 9th 5.5
falcons 1st 3.8

Opponent Penalties Per Game
Saints 22nd 5.7
falcons 7th 7.0

Giveaways Per Game
Saints 18th 1.9
falcons 3rd 1.0

Takeways Per Game
Saints 19th 1.5
falcons 6th 1.9

Infer what you will from these

Wow, pretty evenly matched up.....just a few plays ending differently and the teams' positions could be reversed...

Wow, pretty evenly matched up.....just a few plays ending differently and the teams' positions could be reversed...

Just one play ending differently, actually.......

Falcons don't beat themselves (well not on the field :) ). Check the penalties. How are they with Turnovers?

Falcons don't beat themselves (well not on the field :) ). Check the penalties. How are they with Turnovers?

In the top 2 or 3, I think. The stats in this case just echo what everybody already knows. These teams are very evenly matched, which is a great setup to the games, imo. We both have a bit of a weakness against each others' strength. We give up pass yardage, and you guys throw it as well as anybody. We run the ball great, and you guys give up yards in that department. Whose D will bow up and go against their nature on Monday? It will be fun to see who does.

I just love this game. MNF and so much on the line. A great rivalry. I will be partying all day long waiting for this one. I just hope it lives up to the billing. It's time the NFL learns that this is one of the marquis matchups that they have and seldom exploit.

Giveaways Per Game
Saints 18th 1.9
falcons 3rd 1.0

Takeways Per Game
Saints 19th 1.5
falcons 6th 1.9

Infer what you will from these

This one is the difference maker.

Giveaways each week. Saints 2 - Falcons 1
Takeaways each week. Saints 1 - Falcons 2

Difference. Saints -1 ... Falcons +1

+1 and -1 is a difference of 2 turnover a game. Give us 2 more turnovers every week and see if were not a better team with a better record. A wash ... hardly.

And weren't they 2 turnovers up on us in the last game?

If statistics mean anything (and I happen to think they do if you compare them over the course of an entire season and not just a game or two), then I think the Falcons have a really good team and will be VERY tough to beat on Monday night.

That said, I would hope that the Saints come into the game with guns a'blazing and does not run out of bullets until they are getting back on the victory flight home!

I think this game will define the season and play a big role in determining the kind of football team we really have in 2010.

No excuses.

Let's get it done.

Cool to see the stats matched up like that. I know this will be a close game, they always are.

Since 2008 (5 Games)

ATL 34 NO 20
ATL 25 NO 29
ATL 27 NO 35
ATL 23 NO 26
ATL 27 NO 24

So in the last 5 games:
NO leads the series 3-2
ATL has outscored NO by 2 points.
Average margin of victory ~6
Can't wait for the game, should be another great one.

In the top 2 or 3, I think. The stats in this case just echo what everybody already knows. These teams are very evenly matched, which is a great setup to the games, imo. We both have a bit of a weakness against each others' strength. We give up pass yardage, and you guys throw it as well as anybody. We run the ball great, and you guys give up yards in that department. Whose D will bow up and go against their nature on Monday? It will be fun to see who does.

I just love this game. MNF and so much on the line. A great rivalry. I will be partying all day long waiting for this one. I just hope it lives up to the billing. It's time the NFL learns that this is one of the marquis matchups that they have and seldom exploit.

Good point. For your last sentence, I think the reason we'll start getting more respect in the NFC South is that both Saints and the Falcons have been consistent for a couple years now. You know the knock on our division for the past few years has been "from worst to first & vice-versa" almost every year, but no more.

Cool to see the stats matched up like that. I know this will be a close game, they always are.

Since 2008 (5 Games)

ATL 34 NO 20
ATL 25 NO 29
ATL 27 NO 35
ATL 23 NO 26
ATL 27 NO 24

So in the last 5 games:
NO leads the series 3-2
ATL has outscored NO by 2 points.
Average margin of victory ~6
Can't wait for the game, should be another great one.

Why the last 5 and not the last 9? :shrug:

ATL 3 NO 23
ATL 13 NO 31
ATL 14 NO 34
ATL 16 NO 22
ATL 34 NO 20
ATL 25 NO 29
ATL 27 NO 35
ATL 23 NO 26
ATL 27 NO 24

As football fans, we tend to speak in absolutes, but they're not always close. :hihi:

The stats that concerns me are time of possession by offense and turn overs.
1. ATL 33:16
7. N.O 31:51
Also looking at turn overs so far this season.
4. ATL +13
23. N.O. -5
So their Ofennse is number 1 in TOP and 4th best on TOs

In all sincerity, the Saints have had a great season. If the Falcons played the Ravens in Baltimore on that short week, the Falcons may have lost to them too.

The thing that is not in these stats is that both teams have improved dramatically since about week 6 of the season.

These are two teams on the uptick and I fully expect that we are watching the two best teams in the NFC on Monday. I think the Falcons will win, but I wouldn't bet a dime on this one. A third match up this season would not surprise me in any way.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom