Saints Release Chris Taylor (1 Viewer)

Probably to let him move on to greener pastures. He had little chance of making the roster here.

He signed my helmet at the Heath Evans softball game.. He was great to all the fans and signing everything. I wish him the best of luck.

I think it's because we signed Joe Banyard yesterday. Giving an UDFA a 3 year deal after a 5 practice OTA is odd. Unless they saw something they really liked about him in college last year. I thought we would've signed Travaris Cadet before Joe Banyard.

Signed QB Luke McCown and RB Joe Banyard. Cut RB Chris Taylor and CB Nick Hixson. Banyard did something right, 3 year deal.

The Saints are giving Taylor a chance to catch on with another team before Training Camp. He had little chance to make the Saints roster due to their depth at RB - PT, Ingram, Ivory, and possibly Cadet. Hopefully he can catch on with another team.

Not PS-eligible, no room on 53.

I wonder why we signed him in the first place?

Not PS-eligible, no room on 53.

I wonder why we signed him in the first place?

Pretty much this. With 4 good backs on the roster there is no upside to keeping him. No chance to make the team or PS. At least we gave him the chance to impress or show value to someone else. The guy we just signed at least has the chance to make the PS.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom