Saints Saints Secondary grades out at C+ after 1st week with Eli Apple (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I would have liked to see guys moving around more Lattimore, Eli, and PJ have showed they can do it. We cant allow opposing teams to line up 10 & 11 personal and dictate the match ups that they want.

Good takeaways was that Eli made some good tackles and PJ didnt lose his head after a rough start. Potentially this unit can be a top 5 secondary, not to mention Marcus Williams is a future star.

Defense as a whole had one of its better games, specifically the dline with its best of the season. That doesnt happen without the coverage improving as well.

If they can build on that C+ they'll be fine. Youth upside says they will. Line is Going to miss Davenport but I think Trey Hendrickson will make some plays that highlight just how deep this team truly is.

Defense as a whole had one of its better games, specifically the dline with its best of the season. That doesnt happen without the coverage improving as well.

If they can build on that C+ they'll be fine. Youth upside says they will. Line is Going to miss Davenport but I think Trey Hendrickson will make some plays that highlight just how deep this team truly is.

I 100% agree that we can build from this performance. They will only get better as the season continues to progress.

I hope they get better but we aren't going to field a top 5 secondary this year..

Not that we need to, by the way, our defense as everyone here always says and is true... just needs to be middle of the road for the offense to win

Bend but don't break. That's how this team is going to have to win games. If the defense can limit the big plays and force teams to settle for Field Goals then we'll be fine.

Control the clock on offense and then make them earn their points.

How’s that little girl doing Ellias?

If the Saints pass defense can get to or near to average, I believe the Saints can make a Super Bowl appearance. Its that important.

I would have liked to see guys moving around more Lattimore, Eli, and PJ have showed they can do it. We cant allow opposing teams to line up 10 & 11 personal and dictate the match ups that they want.

Good takeaways was that Eli made some good tackles and PJ didnt lose his head after a rough start. Potentially this unit can be a top 5 secondary, not to mention Marcus Williams is a future star.

Am I missing something? Who gave them a C+?

Is this the OP grading the secondary as a C+ or is it from an article or something? Just looking for clarification here.

We play bend but don't break defense.
They care less about the yards and more about the points. In today's NFL where rules have been tilted to the offense in order to facilitate more scoring, that's what passes for a good defense. The days of the '85 Bears and the '00 Ravens are over.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom