Saints sign Kicker Austin Seibert to the PS; Blake Grupe day to day with a minor injury (1 Viewer)

So we went with an unknown kicker instead of signing the veteran kicker in Mason Crosby that we also try out. Typical.

Was just thinking the same thing. For once I wish we’d just bite the bullet and pay for a known commodity at that position instead of always going the unknown young rookie or journeyman route.

Like we did with John Kasay and Shayne Graham back in the day. I still to this day don’t know why we hated Graham so much back then.

2F690F3D-377B-41DC-9F30-90A67918EA74.jpeg

So we went with an unknown kicker instead of signing the veteran kicker in Mason Crosby that we also try out. Typical.
Mason Crosby’s like 45 years old and had a 73% year couple seasons ago. He missed a lot of clutch kicks with the Packers over the last few years.

I’d rather a fresh leg. They’re all Free Agents 13 weeks into the season.

Just needs to be kicking good this week.

That should be our new motto tbh

Playing the Lions this week and this is the kicker that had Dan Campbell saying he would regret the decision to let him attempt a 50 yarder to win the game for the rest of his life. Lol

Mason Crosby’s like 45 years old and had a 73% year couple seasons ago. He missed a lot of clutch kicks with the Packers over the last few years.

I’d rather a fresh leg. They’re all Free Agents 13 weeks into the season.

Let's not allow that pesky thing called "facts" to get in the way...

He just turned 39 in September, and the year he struggled was due to a knee injury he was working through that required surgery after that season, and they also had a lot of snapper, holder, and protection issues that year, leading to several blocks and/or poor kicks.

He redeemed himself last year once they got that snap and hold operation corrected, and he was healthy.

crosby.png

why weren't we interviewing QB's, Head coaches and Offensive Coordinators too:hmm:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom