SAINTS vs Giants/Packers/Bears/Eagles Tiebreakers (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I know we don't have a chance vs Atlanta...but does anyone know if we beat the Giants or any other teams tie-breaker wise? I want to figure out who to cheer for to ensure we are at least a 5th seed.

NFC Records:

Giants 6-2
Packers 6-3
Bears 7-3
Eagles 5-3
Saints 7-2

So, as of right now Bears are the biggest threat, while the Eagles are still 2 games behind. We don't play any of these teams so there is no head-to-head tiebreaker, only conference record.

I know we don't have a chance vs Atlanta...but does anyone know if we beat the Giants or any other teams tie-breaker wise? I want to figure out who to cheer for to ensure we are at least a 5th seed.
I wouldn't say we don't have a chance vs. Atlanta.

Two things need to happen:

• We need to take care of business against them in the 2nd matchup. This, I think is very doable.
  • Atlanta needs to lose to Seattle or one of the Carolina games. That may not be as likely, but it's also not beyond imagination -- especially with the way the season has gone for all NFC teams this year. Atlanta has been letting teams hang around and pulling it out close games in the end. All it takes is one or two missteps in a close game like that to hand Atlanta a loss.
So it may be a slim chance, but it's still a chance.

It's complicated, even for a sixth seed, which we could get this weekend if most of the teams you listed lose (along with TB) while the Saints win. We could still lose some tiebreakers for the 5th seed. Best to wait another week.

I have been playing with the Playoff Machine from ESPN. I have the Falcons with the first seed. Green Bay with the second. New York Giants with the third, The Rams with the fourth, the Saints with the fifth and the Bears with the sixth.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom