Sam Darnold (1 Viewer)

St. Kevin

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Who thinks that Sam Darnold would be a good fit for the Saints? If the Jets draft either Fields (who I personally think will be the best pro) or Lawrence they won't need Darnold. I know they'd want more than he's probably worth, but he could be really good with the Saints and Coach Payton. I really like Taysom, but wonder whether he really is the long term answer as he's already taken quite a beating since he's been with the Saints and may not be able to stay injury free with he style of play. Just thinking out loud.
Geaux Saints. I've got a feeling this is the year for that 2nd Lombardi.

It’s a safe bet some of these folks think the same as you

Thanks Zack. I looked but didn't see the topic broached. Sam Darnold has never had anyone around him with the Jets. Whoever they draft will not do well for a while. It'd be nice to package Quinnen Williams but I know that won't happen.

if i'm going to trade for a QB, it would be stafford right after the lions draft a QB in the first round.

Jets would be best off if they keep Darnold and trade down if possible in order to gain 2-3 more picks and use those to rebuild the O-line and a def player or 2.
I agree. They need to decide if they want to sell jerseys or compete for the AFC East. Lack of skilled players isn’t really their issue. Drafting another top QB prospect isn’t going to fix their team.

It's almost as if people just keep posting what they want to see happen, without any interest in what the answer might have been several times before?

Yes that’s me and I still feel that way. Unfortunately I thin Jets will keep Darnold now and trade back in the draft and pick a young QB to sit behind him. If not teams who draft higher than Saints will trade for Darnold.

If that is the case, convince Brees to stay (won’t happen). Stafford is the Peat of QBs. Glass house.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom