Shanle: Derek Carr not really getting the credit he deserves from Saints fanbase (1 Viewer)

MikeyF

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think the fanbase got so used to watching near-perfection at the QB position, that it has forgotten what a "regular good" QB looks like. There will be flaws, there will be bad moments, there will be bad games, but overall, you can win with Derek Carr if you surround him with the right pieces and equip him with the right system.

I really liked what I saw with better playcalling and more trust in his receivers towards the end of the season. I was not impressed with what I saw the first half of the season and I wasn't alone; a lot of people were wondering why he was playing the way he was. I'm hoping he's over the yips he seemed to have. I think this is a playoff team if he plays up to his potential.

As a fan, I'm totally neutral on Carr. It's highly unusual for me to be neutral on a veteran starting QB. I'm not seeing any signs or trends from him that either encourage or discourage me about the upcoming season.

All I can honestly say is I'm rooting for him.

I think the fanbase got so used to watching near-perfection at the QB position, that it has forgotten what a "regular good" QB looks like. There will be flaws, there will be bad moments, there will be bad games, but overall, you can win with Derek Carr if you surround him with the right pieces and equip him with the right system.
Man when people wanted Brees to go sitting here in Cowboy country I watch the NFC east quite a bit I knew then people wouldnt appreciate him fully until he retire. I wouldve took old man Brees then 90% of the league. But I Agreed I thought Carr played well at the end once the Line gave him time.

Saints fans are baby kittens compared to most fanbases.

If he plays better more often and against good teams and doesn't act like a jerk, the city will go absolutely nuts for Carr.

It's not our fault for noticing bad football for the first 3/4 of the season!

Last edited:

I absolutely agree with him!
He can be a decent QB with the right players and coaches around him, I think. We shall see this season. Only real wish is to tone down the frustration on field with players. I get it, but still.

I take Carr at his word when he says he was gutting it out and playing injured after week 3 and that’s why his performance was so shaky in the first half of the year.

He’s a tough guy and has earned my respect for playing through the injury and the boos to finish the season strong.
Rooting for the guy. It seems like he genuinely only cares about winning and shuts out the noise.

Carr got no support from the Pete Carmichael system. He was hammered and beat up and the opposing defense knew what was coming before the ball was snapped. I doubt anybody could do much in that situation. Now that we've got a new offense, we can see what's really up, if he's the guy or not. I give Carr, DA, etc. a pass on last season. But now it's time to put up or shut up. The excuses are gone. I'm optimistic.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom