She Is . . . The Most Interesting Woman In The World (real-life teenage version) (1 Viewer)

PayOrPlay

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
"Intimidating" would be one way to summarize this profile of New York's top debutante of 2010. "Out of anyone's league" would be another. By the time I finished reading this article, I thought I was reading about a female teenage version of the Dos Equis guy.

26dcdeb-span-articleLarge.jpg

Hadley Nagel in a favorite gown, a Vionnet, at a dinner party she held at the Doubles club in Manhattan. With her is her mother, Susan Nagel.

Titans in Party Dresses
By GEORGE GURLEY | The New York Times | December 23, 2010

OF the 30 swell young ladies who will be formally introduced to high society during the International Debutante Ball at the Waldorf-Astoria on Dec. 29, the most swell may be Hadley Marie Nagel — a German countess, according to her mother, Susan Nagel, and also a direct descendant, through her father, Jon (a lawyer), of two signers of the Declaration of Independence.

But Miss Nagel, 19, plays down her pedigree. “I mean, you still have to pay for your coffee at Starbucks,” she said recently. “It doesn’t mean anything. I think you impress people more with your talents, with who you are.” And for much of her young life, Miss Nagel’s talents, unusual for a socialite, have been on rather dizzying display: published articles, a scholarly paper, nationally syndicated op-ed pieces, awards, advocacy work for sustainable organic agriculture and social justice. An expert shooter in trap, skeet and clay, she was a blue-ribbon winner of a small-bore rifle competition. By the time of her 2009 graduation from Nightingale-Bamford, the private all-girls school on the Upper East Side, Miss Nagel had founded Model United Nations and history clubs, a travel Web site for teenagers, playintraffic.com, and another site, americansformadison.org, intended to raise awareness of her hero, the founding father James Madison, and win him a federal monument. Along the way, Miss Nagel befriended some prominent historians and at 17, became the youngest registered lobbyist on Capitol Hill. She is currently a sophomore at Johns Hopkins, double-majoring in international relations and history, with a minor in voice (a coloratura soprano, she recently recorded a CD of operatic arias).

“When you read out her résumé, you just want to throw up in a bucket,” said Vicky Ward, the Vanity Fair writer, who thanked Miss Nagel in a recent book about the collapse of Lehman Brothers, and said she has given Miss Nagel advice on matters on the heart. “I would warn the young men of New York,” Ms. Ward said, “that she’s not somebody who would let herself be trifled with.” According to Susan Nagel, also a historian and her daughter’s de facto publicist, “many, many, many” people have thought Serena van der Woodsen, a character on the CW network show “Gossip Girl,” is based on Miss Nagel, minus the promiscuity and drugs (both are 5-foot-7, leggy and natural blondes). On “Author’s Night” at Nightingale last year, Cecily von Ziegesar (class of ’88) inscribed a copy of her latest “Gossip Girl” novel: “To Hadley, the real thing. I hope you don’t mind being hassled about being the model for Serena. So, so funny! Sounds like you’re doing a lot more important things than Serena ever did, and more beautiful too. XOXO.”

Does the debutante of the year have any flaws?

“Karate, Latin declensions and can’t cook.”

Can she dance?

“I have rhythm, thank you.”

More at http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/26/fashion/26DCDEB.html

But when it comes to buying a car, she's as clueless as the rest of us

>>and can’t cook

truly a lost art among women these days.... what is the deal?

luckily I married one that can cook.

As should Hadley Nagel. Does the debutante of the year have any flaws?

“Karate, Latin declensions and can’t cook.”

Question is: Does she make a decent sammich?

>>and can’t cook

truly a lost art among women these days.... what is the deal?

luckily I married one that can cook.

Totally agree, bro. My girlfriend is a real good cook and she doesn't sit down until I have my food. I thank the Lord for that.

Glad she's not like some of my female coworkers. They look at me crazy when I ask them if they cook. Lol, no wonder they can't seem to find a man.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom