Sheldon Rankins is back and READY to ROLL and PLAY BALL (2 Viewers)

If Sheldon can come back and play like he has shown in the past, it will give our DL tremendous depth, flexibility and talent, which will allow a great rotation to keep our guys fresh for 60 minutes. I will, however, take it one step at a time, hoping the injuries are in the past.

I hope so because he's a monster when he's out there.

I remember one play against the Rams a couple of years ago when he had a guard on wheels taking him back to Goff in the packet. I don't think I had ever seen anyone dominate like that ever before.

I hope so because he's a monster when he's out there.

I remember one play against the Rams a couple of years ago when he had a guard on wheels taking him back to Goff in the packet. I don't think I had ever seen anyone dominate like that ever before.

similar to this? He is always moving lineman around when he is out there. Truly a force. (ah wont bookmark here, the blow up is at 1:16 against Minny)

His ability to drop back in a short pass zone always amazes me.

Seems like a long time ago but it was just in 2018 that he had a breakout season. He looked like he was going to be a Pro Bowler. If that guy comes back then forget about it. If Rankins and Davenport are at 100% then it simply comes down to pick your poison. O lines will have to decide on who to double and everyone else will eat.

Sheldon is quick on his feet too. Remember that INT he got vs Buffalo? He was only 2 yards away from scoring. Big guy but moves very gracefully.

Good luck in 2020 Rankins.

Glad he seems to be ready to go, but let's not do much rolling, if you catch my drift! I hope this guy can shake the injury. Darn good player who is very disruptive and hasn't even quite hit full potential yet.

If Sheldon can come back and play like he has shown in the past . . . .
Based on the article, this shouldn't be a problem b/c he did not actually rupture the Achilles last year. He just strained it due to a Haglund's deformity (which he also had on the other foot and which caused his first Achilles injury). The deformity (bony growth on the back of the heel) has now been surgically removed, and it is not something that could recur, so he should be more explosive than ever.

Man is we only had him in the playoffs the last 2 years! 3 major injuries in each of his last 3 seasons. I would not sign this dude except for a year to year contract with multiple performance bonuses. He has a weird body shape, weight to height and that could play a factor in his injury history.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom