So just how stupid is Jameis Winston you ask? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If his career doesn't have a major turnaround (and, hey, maybe somehow it can still happen.........some QBs didn't really take off till later)........I think people will look back on "Eat a W" as the moment it should have been crystal clear that he wasn't gonna pan out as a franchise QB.

If his career doesn't have a major turnaround (and, hey, maybe somehow it can still happen.........some QBs didn't really take off till later)........I think people will look back on "Eat a W" as the moment it should have been crystal clear that he wasn't gonna pan out as a franchise QB.
The kid is dumb. No two ways about it.

That play happened in yesterday's game.

And for those who haven't seen it, what you don't get to see is that Winston motioned the receiver to come across the formation and then inexplicably calls for the snap of the ball at the exact wrong moment.

I laughed before I even opened the thread.

How is this Winston’s fault? It looks like the WR thought they were running a different play.

I’m not saying Winston’s isn’t stupid, but I don’t see how this Football Follies-ready moment is on him.

• 1Like
Reactions: dtc
How is this Winston’s fault? It looks like the WR thought they were running a different play.

I’m not saying Winston’s isn’t stupid, but I don’t see how this Football Follies-ready moment is on him.

Winston put the WR in motion, then called for the snap before letting the WR get far enough down the line to be past the play.

I guess it's possible the WR should have motioned to be near the TE instead of running across the formation ... but you'd hope Winston would have waited long enough to make sure the WR was doing what he expected before snapping the ball.

The more likely scenario is the WR was supposed to sprint across the formation and be close to even with the center as the ball is snapped to make it look like a possible direct snap jet sweep to the WR in the hopes of getting a LB or two to run the wrong direction before the handoff up the middle, but Winston accidentally the whole thing.

Winston put the WR in motion, then called for the snap before letting the WR get far enough down the line to be past the play.

I guess it's possible the WR should have motioned to be near the TE instead of running across the formation ... but you'd hope Winston would have waited long enough to make sure the WR was doing what he expected before snapping the ball.

The more likely scenario is the WR was supposed to sprint across the formation and be close to even with the center as the ball is snapped to make it look like a possible direct snap jet sweep to the WR in the hopes of getting a LB or two to run the wrong direction before the handoff up the middle, but Winston accidentally the whole thing.
Thanks, I had typed half of that when it notified me that someone had just posted. Saved me the energy. I'm really tired this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom