Spending the day in New Orleans. Met Dennis Allen (1 Viewer)

How was Willa Jean?
Pretty solid, but some odd question marks.

Got the shrimp and grits. Poached egg on top seemed superfluous, and the shrimp were heavy on the Old Bay, which seemed an odd choice for New Orleans (though I definitely enjoy Old Bay, so no complaints). If you’ve ever had/cooked Bobby Flay’s shrimp and grits, they were very similar outside of the Old Bay.

Also had the biscuit and jam, and both were excellent.

Also, they didn’t have sweet tea, so my daughter nearly died.

My fam decided to take a quick day trip to NO today.

Just about an hour ago, as we were leaving Willa Jean in the CBD, casually bumped into Dennis Allen (he was entering as I was leaving). Shook his hand and told him good luck on the season.

That’s the thread.
Who was he with?

Got the shrimp and grits. Poached egg on top seemed superfluous, and the shrimp were heavy on the Old Bay, which seemed an odd choice for New Orleans (though I definitely enjoy Old Bay, so no complaints). If you’ve ever had/cooked Bobby Flay’s shrimp and grits, they were very similar outside of the Old Bay.

Awesome that you got to meet him, and I'd have almost died too. If they don't have sweet tea, I'm out. 😂 Luckily for me, where I am 99% of places have it. And no, it's not the same when you make it sweet at the table yourself.

Kinda old to keep saying "keep doing what you are doing" when the guy recognized the offense was stale and predictable and he addressed it by hiring a new staff for the offensive side of the ball.

I mean it took Payton most of Brees' prime to realize he needed to fire his buddies on defense because the D was terrible for many of those years.

Old Bay? Sounds like a tourist joint to me 😁

So many great holes in the wall in my hometown, it’s an embarrassment of riches.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom