Steelers RB James Conner says he's not ready to play yet (1 Viewer)

Saintsphere

1 day I'll add a second Lombardi to my pic. 1 day.
Reaction score

Unless they're trying to "Demarcus Ware" us, expect lots of Jaylen Samuels and Stevan Ridley Sunday.

Samuels is solid - he's a tough runner and has good hands. They were using him to spell Conner, especially on third down, so he's a capable passing target.

His backup is arguably just as effective as he was.

No drop in talent, somebody we must contend with.

Either the Steelers really know how to draft top notch running backs or their offensive system is the late 2010s version of what the Broncos RB factory in the 90s-00s used to be.

Conner is a better pure runner, but Samuels is a better receiver. Regardless of whether or not Conner can go by Sunday, either guy deserves attention.

DeMarcus Ware situation? Says he's not ready all week then Sunday comes and bam game-time decision he's out there.

Either the Steelers really know how to draft top notch running backs or their offensive system is the late 2010s version of what the Broncos RB factory in the 90s-00s used to be.
Called elite WR speed Corp to prevent 8 or 9mam boxes

I'd take that argument.

Samuels has one good game. Before that, he was terrible, with YPC averages of 2.5, 2.5, and 1.4 when getting more than 5 carries. Conner proved it over like 10 games. This guy hasn't done that yet. It's like saying TQS is as good as Michael Thomas because TQS had one 150 yard, 2TD game.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom