Storage Sheds? anyone had one built by Home Depot? (1 Viewer)

efil4stnias

Play at your own risk
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I am looking into Wood Storage Sheds- anoyne here have any experience w/ Home Depot or Lowe's and thier installation?

I bought a wood shed from Lowe's about a year ago, 12 x 16. I built it with a little help and I must say I would never do that again. I ended up spending more money just to reinforce the shed because of the material they give you. Now it might be different if they install it. Just my opinion but i would spend a little extra money and buy a nice metal shed.

Just had it built on December 14th. Bought an 8' X 8' (SR-600) storage shed through Home Depot.

Had it built through their installers, Tuff Shed. You call 1-800-HOME-DEPOT and go through the prompts for installation and you will speak to a Tuff Shed rep.

Their installer showed up (one person) with all the materials and he completed the job in about 4.5 hours.

Looks great and I'm very pleased with it.

st. dave

Just had it built on December 14th. Bought an 8' X 8' (SR-600) storage shed through Home Depot.

Had it built through their installers, Tuff Shed. You call 1-800-HOME-DEPOT and go through the prompts for installation and you will speak to a Tuff Shed rep.

Their installer showed up (one person) with all the materials and he completed the job in about 4.5 hours.

st. dave

I am looking at the TR-700 12 x 12. But I just saw Rlemeuix post on the business board he does this kinda stuff...It may be cheaper to buy one, ship and let someone construct it. Heck, i dunno thats why i am asking. thanks!

st. dave

How much did the shed and installation cost? I'm thinking of adding a shed, but just don't have the time to do it myself.

shed

Hi, i had one built by www.piney-woods.com and am very happy with it. everything is pressure treated except the studs because they but them pre-cut. 2x6 floor joist on 16" centers, 3/4" plywood floor, exterior t1-11 and like i said it is all pressure treaed
Gene

8' x 8' Tuff Shed - ordered, delivered, constructed and painted, plus tax - $1800.00

It will actually only cost me $1600 because I have a $200 rebate on the painting cost for the shed. I will get a check back from Home depot in about four weeks.

st. dave

shed

Mine is 12 x 24 and it was around $3,000.00 because i had to pay $200.00 extra because of distance the had to travel. but it was 2 guy,s Darrin Jones and a helper, they got there at 6 a.m. and were done at 2p.m. the same day
Gene

st. dave

I did the same thing about 6 months ago. very happy with the purchase and even happier that I didn't have to put the thing together.

st. dave

I bought one of the Tuff Sheds as well. Installation went well and after 7 years I am still very pleased. I had them do full installation with the exception of painting which I did myself.

Can't speak of any of the other wood sheds, but the Tuff Shed is very well built and much, much nicer than any of the many metal sheds that I have owned over the years.

Suggestion - unless you plan to run electricity to the shed, get the optional skylight. Really helps to see inside the shed during he daytime.

Thanks all ...actually i went to the EE Louisiana business thread at the top and saw a member , rlemeuix, who does this. I am still debating about where to get one. Tuff brand seems to be the consensus.

I bought one of the Tuff Sheds as well. Installation went well and after 7 years I am still very pleased. I had them do full installation with the exception of painting which I did myself.

Can't speak of any of the other wood sheds, but the Tuff Shed is very well built and much, much nicer than any of the many metal sheds that I have owned over the years.

Suggestion - unless you plan to run electricity to the shed, get the optional skylight. Really helps to see inside the shed during he daytime.

I do plan on running a line to it, but saw one with a skylight and what a difference, and plan on having one with.

Hey John... Read this thread.

http://www.saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24940&highlight=the+shed

rlemeuix would be a good choice.

I looked into sheds.. and I saved money and mine is twice as strong. But the work that went into it was another story, But I enjoy that kind of thing...

Also, pay attention to design, layouts and try to picture how it would react in the yard. When I built mine I went with a 4 ft door. Anticpipating a riding mower with a 36" cut. Well, my step mom gave me a mower with a 48" cut. That meant the damned deck was wider than 4 ft. :eek:

If You don;t enjoy doing this kind of thing. I would recomend, finding a design, Purchase the materials and have it done. What you save will actually go to the contrator.

Notice my shed is made of 2X4 wall studs. Most of the ones at Home depot and lowes are 2X2... I also built mine on skids, so that I can move it around in the future if I want too.

And listen to me very carefully here... Listen close..... take a tape measure with you to lowes and home depot... Look inside everysingle one they have on display... Notice shelf layoputs, window placement, ect... and measure everything.. Just for fun...

this will help get your gears turning, and you'll come up with crazy ideas.. Yes.. I want a shelf here and a window here. etc.

Joe

Last edited:
Hey John... Read this thread.

http://www.saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24940&highlight=the+shed

rlemeuix would be a good choice.

I looked into sheds.. and I saved money and mine is twice as strong. But the work that went into it was another story, But I enjoy that kind of thing...

Also, pay attention to design, layouts and try to picture how it would react in the yard. When I built mine I went with a 4 ft door. Anticpipating a riding mower with a 36" cut. Well, my step mom gave me a mower with a 48" cut. That meant the damned deck was wider than 4 ft. :eek:

If You don;t enjoy doing this kind of thing. I would recomend, finding a design, Purchase the materials and have it done. What you save will actually go to the contrator.

Notice my shed is made of 2X4 wall studs. Most of the ones at Home depot and lowes are 2X2... I also built mine on skids, so that I can move it around in the future if I want too.

And listen to me very carefully here... Listen close..... take a tape measure with you to lowes and home depot... Look inside everysingle one they have on display... Notice shelf layoputs, window placement, ect... and measure everything.. Just for fun...

this will help get your gears turning, and you'll come up with crazy ideas.. Yes.. I want a shelf here and a window here. etc.

Joe

Thanks Joe. Nice job on the shed btw. I already did the tape measure thing this past weekend in the display models. I definately need 10 x 10 or more for what I want to put in there. Its now just a matter of design and getting it approved by my Homeowner Association's "architectual committee" regarding size/placement etc.

Funny, after i started the thread i looked on the Louisiana EE Biz Board and found rlemiuex. We are also going to do some trim inside in areas we didnt when we built (why I do not know ). My wife and I designated 2008 as the "year of the home"....now if i could get someone to slap me down $10,000 to do all I would like to do, we coud rename it "Year of me"....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom