Tailgate packages for LSU Fball (1 Viewer)

egautr1

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
More space for Tiger fans? Dallas firm to offer paid football tailgates as LSU's official partner

LSU

So LSU has announced a new partnership with a company called Blockparty to offer "tailgate packages" at LSU football games for the nest 3 seasons.
This is a company that will have tents/furniture/coolers/ice/sat. TV/etc. set up for you in a reserved space.
Seems to be mainly for businesses and/or groups who want to entertain people. Seems like a clever idea.

I just hope it doesn't make LSU tailgating and football even more corporate that what it is now, which is a LOT. The gameday experience has changed so much since I went to school. What do you guys think??

Auburn started doing the same thing about 10 years ago. The company doing it has access to the prime tailgating spots. It has definitely upped the corporate feel. My father in law likes to be able to get a tent and not have to do anything, but it absolutely takes away from the collegiate atmosphere. Put me in the camp who is against it.

It seems to me that this will not end well.. Maybe a slippery slope where eventually one will need a permit simply to tailgate anywhere on campus, as opposed to now where you just need a permit to park.. i didn’t realize that Auburn had already been doing this for 10 yrs, i wonder if individuals can still partake in tailgating on their campus, or if you need to be permitted to do so? In any case, all this does is add to the laundry list of reasons why Joe Alleva needs to go.. Last year he started charging people to park way out near the levee, which is beyond the pale IMO.

There are still plenty of spots to tailgate on Auburn's campus. However, the best locations near the stadium are now reserved by the tailgate company. Gone are the days of roping off and squatting in that awesome spot starting the Wednesday night before big games.

Tailgate spots at LSU are like Packers tickets, passed down from generation to generation. (lol) I don't know where they plan on setting this up, but I can see riots if they take over spaces that fans have used for years. Seems like an awful lot of money for very little return.

Tailgate spots at LSU are like Packers tickets, passed down from generation to generation. (lol) I don't know where they plan on setting this up, but I can see riots if they take over spaces that fans have used for years. Seems like an awful lot of money for very little return.

looks like they are setting this up down by Nicholson Ext. well away from the lots immediately to the N and S of Tiger Stadium where a bulk of the tailgating you referred to is done.

IIRC thats going to be more toward where the Box is and Walkons.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom