Thanks, Saints, for making my first game so great! (1 Viewer)

WxM

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
My first Saints game was an experience I will never forget. I am a college student who has been a Saints fan for over ten years. As someone who lives in Steelers country, I am used to enjoying the ups and downs of the Saints all by myself. It is a lonely experience that no one ever really relates to. Yesterday was different. I got to sit by Saints fans. I got to yell "WHO DAT" at hundreds of people.

I am used to my Saints experience being one of almost theory. Back in the Haslett days when the NFL radio was free, I'd listen to all the games online. Then, they started charging a bunch for it, so that option was gone. I'd always hope for the Saints to play a team like the Eagles or Redskins, because those are often on TV here. Now, I can watch the games again, thanks to the help of others.

I was excited when the Saints were coming to Cincinnati, but the prices were completely too much for me. Then, this week, I got an unbelievable deal. $30 each for seats in the second row of the right corner of the end zone. Every Saints touchdown in that end zone came right at me, including the game winner! It was surreal.

I got to see Drew Brees become the Saints' all-time passing yardage leader. I got to see one of the most thrilling wins in memory. A Bengals fan cussed at me, but everyone else was nice. Most of all, I got to see all my heroes in person. It was an afternoon I will never forget.

It was my son's and my first game Sunday at Cincy too. It was awesome to get to hang out with other Saints fans and watch the game. All saints fans we met were class acts. I'm glad to finally get to experience the feeling of cheering the Saints on to victory, Who Dat!!

Ditto. I went to the game as a birthday present from my kids. My daughter and I drove down from Indy. It's tough to be around Colts people every Sunday, and I guess I expected to be around Bengals fans yesterday, but my section was like 50-50 Saints. It was a amazing, even if it was pretty cold.

I got a kick out of watching the pregame. Anthony Hargrove is a character. And the Saints fans were so totally cool toward the Bengals fans during and afterwards. There was a spirited "WhoDat - WhoDey" exchange on the way out.

I had a great time. I'm even more jealous of those of you who experience this in the dome each year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom