That pre-season game against the rams (1 Viewer)

krakkan

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Wonder if SP intentionally wanted to get into Mcvay's head during the preseason. He put it on the rams in the pre season. Blitzing and all. Also remeber SP not being happy last pre season because Mcvay did not talk with him about what quarter they would pull starters. My question is do you think this will affect Mcvay playcalling at all?

I remember McVay being annoyed about that pre season game. Kept shaking his head.

Do I think it will dictate play calling? No

He’s a smart coach.

If it makes for some good drama and high tension Sunday and possibly in January then I'm all for it.

Payton did the same thing to Harbaugh in 2011 preseason. We beat the heck out of the niners and then lost to them in the playoffs; hopefully the same doesn't happen this season.

McVay wasn't happy with Sean when the Saints went for an onside kick in that preseason.

I know Wade Phillips wasn't happy.

Nate Burleson was the color commentator for that game and he was fuming...basically saying he didn't like Payton as a player and how McVay was going to remember this for the regular season game.

It's either Sean playing a long game to get McVay on tilt or it was just Sean being petty and it could potentially backfire.

We'll see...

The Rams used very few starters during the entire pre-season for fear of injury. It's hard to gather much of anything from that game.

I watched that game in a bar in LA. It was in the farest corner possible and I couldn’t find it until the 3rd bar I tried.

Zero people in LA care about the Rams.

They will not be ready for the Dome, they will not understand what it’s like to face that kind of passion.

Our backups/cuts ran it up on their backups/cuts. Who cares? McVay treated the preseason as a joke, anyway. But if they want to use that as bulletin board material, have at it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom