The Falcons Were Lucky (11 Viewers)

TenTwo

Boise Idaho
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Just putting this out there because I think we’re getting a little hyper critical of these coaches and players. I include myself in this, not pointing fingers…

Shaheed made a costly mistake and the Falcons were very fortunate that he did.

The tipped pass pick 6 was a fluke

Not getting that fumble was very unlucky.

You take away those extremely lucky events for the Falcons and they:

Were dominated in time of possession 35 - 25 min
Dominated in total first downs 25-14
We were solid in 3rd/4th down conversions
We were less penalized/more sound

We just got unlucky. Blame your apparel selection or whatever your ritual you strayed from if you have to blame something. Blame Rasheed Shaheed for the muffed punt I guess.

Really, the Falcons were lucky, they stink, and all this criticism is mostly unwarranted in my uneducated opinion.

Who dat

Just putting this out there because I think we’re getting a little hyper critical of these coaches and players. I include myself in this, not pointing fingers…

We just got unlucky. Blame your apparel selection or whatever your ritual you strayed from if you have to blame something. Blame Rasheed Shaheed for the muffed punt I guess.

Really, the Falcons were lucky, they stink, and all this criticism is mostly unwarranted in my uneducated opinion.

Who dat
Tipped pass is a good defensive play another player catching it and running it back for a TD is also a good defensive play. The muff punt was a stupid decision by a saints player if u want to call it luck ok I guess.

Somewill make excuses
Some will blame DA
Someone will blame the refs
Someone will blame bad voodoo
I just blame it on the fact they scored more points than us.

I will say it totally sucked,
but 15 and two aint bad

Tipped pass is a good defensive play another player catching it and running it back for a TD is also a good defensive play. The muff punt was a stupid decision by a saints player if u want to call it luck ok I guess.
From the Falcons’ standpoint they were lucky Shaheed had a mental lapse.

Both teams had their share of luck. A receiver fell and we got a pick. The Falcons score a TD that gets called back for a minor hold. Cousins missed throws to receivers that had us beat deep.

They probably had better total luck, but we may have been in an even worse end of game scenario if not for the above.

I've rewatched the tip pass that was on Carr. If you notice he threw the ball after pump faking it on a screen, the DE was already in his face. Instead of pump faking it he could have threw the ball to the ground.

That's called football. They're also one or two penalties away from scoring more on us.
We didn't even have the lead until the last minute of the game, yet we apparently gave the game away 🤣🤣

Yeah those mistakes we made though... are more characteristic of teams like the Falcons that destroy their chances every year.
Except the Saints are always blowing close games by losing focus and making bone-headed decisions.

The Saints are the same team the Falcons are. Both are mentally being chased by nearly a decade of fluky losses preventing them from getting over the hump of self-inflicted failure.

Who dat
That pick 6 was just a good defensive play flip the script and if it was a Saints defensive play it would still be a good athletic play by a big man. We were dominated bin time of possession because we could stop the run for a good portion of the half. We made bonehead penalties at once again bad times. Shaheed and Adebo alone killed us with unfocused play. The unfocused play was Shaheed and Adebo is a big corner he just got beat and grabbing is a natural reaction sometimes you may as well grab when you know you are beat or at least that seems to be his M.O.

It was a hard-fought battle as always. If they stink, then we stink too. We really deserve the loss but hey we all cope in our own way, I guess. The criticism is deserved in many areas. Shaheed had no business trying to field that punt he was within the 10-yard area let it go please for the love of God just let it go. That's why you let it go bad things happen, it started the game off on the wrong foot and who knows if anything it would have taken more time off the clock which matters and maybe we hit a play and drive down the field and score.

Loosing Taysom and Gay was not good at all. I thought Carr did very well and Kamara played well. There were bright spots but there were glaring self-inflicted wounds. It is early less than 1 quarter of the season is played and we are 2-2 I will take it. Not ready for the "Oh no we suck again " cry ...not yet now if things don't go well and we are here in week 10 and we are underwater record wise then yeah it may be time for Dennis and the Saints to have a serious talk.

Falcon fan here. Look, yes we were gifted 14 points plus a PI, and yes all of it mattered in the win. But, the whole reason why the game was close enough to win was because Taysom left the game. If he plays, we lose, if he doesn't play we win. You scored 14 points in the first 17 minutes of the game, and when Taysom went out 10 points for the rest of the game. What would the score have been if Taysom didn't play at all? Every time we lose Taysom has always been the X factor. He's exactly what Tebow should have been.

What sucks for yall is by the time we play again I think more injuries are gonna pile up on your team, and cap strapped teams don't have depth (I don't know your depth but it's always the case). Don't keep the KC game close, we know how that always ends

I've rewatched the tip pass that was on Carr. If you notice he threw the ball after pump faking it on a screen, the DE was already in his face. Instead of pump faking it he could have threw the ball to the ground.
If he had just thrown it straight down it would have been intentional grounding for 5 yards and a loss of down. He needed to throw it toward Olave's feet in order to not get flagged. In hindsight that is preferable but most tips happen when the defender is on the other side of a lineman, not by a lineman in your face or when you're trying to kill the play into the ground. If he had another second, that play doesn't turn out that way, but Judon came at him unblocked.

Yes we gifted them 14 points and had a PI. If we would have kicked the FG and taken the 3 points instead of going for it on 4th down, all of this would have been a moot point. The Saint would have won the game. but instead we lost by 2. There is a lot of blame to go around and bad decisions were made at crucial points in the game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom