The Demonstrations in Minnesota (Update: Now Nationwide){Now International} (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have mentioned it before but one of the worst things they did was put LEO's in cars. It separated them from the community. Instead of walking the neighborhood they drive through and are not a part of the community.

I personally will always support the police in general. While there is the occasional bad cop the vast majority are good people.

I am in an LE motorcycle club and we raise a ton of money for charities. We help people in our communities.

If you john spartan'ed me in a stasis chamber in 1992 and woke me up today without telling me the year I'd say we're still in the L.A riots of 92. The reality is, this will pass in the weeks and we'll be back to as business as usual until the next incident pops up.
Happens every time, each time nothing new is learned. The same old tired talking points get rehashed nothing meaningful gets done.

Even if the cop gets 35 to life, nothing will change, you know why? Because people refuse to change. It makes a lot of sense when you stop residing in a world of what should be vs what it actually is.

This socitey can't even come together to wear masks during a violent pandemic for the next year but we're gonna fix police brutality while teaching respect for all human life and we've been failing horribly as a society for decades.

I'm not gonna hold my breath but I hope one day we'll get there but im gonna be realistic about it.

Much like a few bad apples within a police department.

It could be a way the protestors and police can empathize with one another.

Most protestors are peaceful, and most police officers don’t abuse civilians.

Both groups suffer from a sort of team mentality where they avoid being overly critical of the trouble makers in their own group.

The problem with this is, in a lot of mostly black neighborhoods, the truly well intended blacks are afraid to show respect to the GOOD police, because the BAD blacks of the neighborhood, will cause harm to their families. It is a gang thing and is a problem much like the days of when the Italian mafia controlled their neighborhoods.
Not sure how much time it would take to truly unpack all the borderline racist bullshirt stuffed into this one paragraph.

We have the obvious stereotyping, the “blacks,” a nice reference to “the good ones” trope that infers black people are generally bad, but there are some good ones(often held down by all the bad ones). Then there is just the entire horseshirt narrative attempting to blame black people for bad police and bad police policies by setting up a caricature straight out of a kkk snuff film about black people oppressing their communities and making it impossible for the white knights(literally) to shine through.

There is no “good” form of broken windows policing, there is no “good” form of non-community based policing. There is no “good” form of militarizing police forces.

And to this person and the person saying most cops are good. If you have one bad cop on the beat committing ongoing acts of unjust racial prejudice or violence, and 10 good cops that do not. But those 10 cops don’t take action against the one bad cop. And worse, defer to the “brotherhood” motto of protecting their own when a complaint is filed. You know what you now have? 11 bad cops. So you can give me every line you want about how there are only x number of bad cops in a community, but if you keep allowing those bad cops to police and slide by, all you actually have is bad police.

Dallas has done a really good job recently.

But, point taken. Not many. 20% maybe? A third of the major metro areas I'd guess. Rural.. not so much
Those under federal consent decrees are doing pretty well, like the NOPD compared to what it used to be.

IMHO George Floyd was begging, the cop didn't listen and even taunted him. Bystanders were saying "he can't breathe" Cop still didn't listen so cop should get murder in the first degree.
Yeah I’m not sure anyone who sees the video can say the murder was accidental. And no jury in this country would or should care about anything leading up to it. It’s real simple. Would you put the full weight of your body on your child’s neck? No! And why not, because you know it would kill them. This is way to simple for the amount of time it is taking. But it’s not surprising in the least.

The intent to kill gets you to second degree, which is what I think he should be charged with. As I understand it, intent alone is not enough for first degree murder in MN.
You're right, murder in the first is pre-meditated. I stand corrected :)

I've cleaned up the thread. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Say your piece on the topic and let other posters say theirs. Any further insults and drive by post will be cause for losing their posting privileges in this thread.

Thanks.
Man, 2020 is going to go down in moderator lore. Thanks, you all have been busy lately.

Two security guards shot in Oakland last night. I think one died.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom