Tie breaker? (1 Viewer)

idahadher

Veteran
Reaction score
What happens if we lose to the ravens & falcons lose to the seahawks, then we beat atlanta next week? Does this change the tie breaker?

What happens if we lose to the ravens & falcons lose to the seahawks, then we beat atlanta next week? Does this change the tie breaker?

That would be the most disappointing thing that could happen.

But if we do beat Atlanta next week in this scenario, it keeps Atlanta from resting it's players.

I like this scenario better, the falcons lose to seattle and the saints win their remaining 3 games :)

Only way besides winning out and Atlanta losing a game to take the division is us losing tomorrow, beating Atlanta, and Atlanta losing to the Panthers while we still beat the Bucs in week 17.

That would give us a better divisional record.

In this case if we both end up 12-4, both 5-1 in division, tied head to head, then common opponets? If so how do we not win the tie breaker?

Three games left, SAINTS are on a Six Game Tear yet the outcome of The NFC Standings is still up for grabs! Yikes! What a difference a year does make........

The play=off scenario is looming large, The SAINTS would be so much better off if they were to run the table on the last three games it's not funny however, we could still get significant help from a myriad of other teams. To many intangibles to even speculate although there is an article on the SR.com News Page which does provide some variety of scenarios. Too much to yet be decided to worry about. The SAINTS would have to win the remainder of their schedule, then win out (obviously) for the Wild Card schedule making it another six game streak bringing the total # of games won to 12 in a row just to GET to The Big Dance again! This is a LOT to ask but if ANY Team can do it, it's these SAINTS and I'm happy to have a TEAM so competitive as we have now! How long have we suffered? To be at this point with a full roster playing healthy is amazing and gives us an even better shot at another Championship! We sure haven't felt this way before.......

I like this scenario better, the falcons lose to seattle and the saints win their remaining 3 games :)

Yeah but what a challenge! Then, the clowns losing to a fired up Seattle team isn't out of the question, as we know, the ball is shaped "funny" and can and does bounce in all kinds of directions!

GEAUX SAINTS and may the balls bounce our way in all aspects!

In this case if we both end up 12-4, both 5-1 in division, tied head to head, then common opponets? If so how do we not win the tie breaker?

Because we wouldn't be tied in common opponents.

They beat the Ravens.

We lost to the Browns and Cardinals. They lost to the Steelers.

That's current common opponents. If we both lost to the Ravens and Seahawks this week they'd still have us beat.

wouldn't change a thing b/c they beat the Ravens on a Roddy White push-off w/ <:30 left in the game... they would still hold common opponent tiebreaker over us

That would be the most disappointing thing that could happen.

But if we do beat Atlanta next week in this scenario, it keeps Atlanta from resting it's players.

Atlanta won't be able to rest its players the last week regardless. Because if we beat Baltimore and Atlanta, and Atlanta beats Seattle but loses to us, we'd both be 12-3 going into the last week. Atlanta would have to beat Carolina to clinch the division, because we could still win it with a win over Tampa and an Atlanta loss to Carolina.

Yeah but what a challenge! Then, the clowns losing to a fired up Seattle team isn't out of the question, as we know, the ball is shaped "funny" and can and does bounce in all kinds of directions!

GEAUX SAINTS and may the balls bounce our way in all aspects!
the falcons having to go to Seattle twice in a month's span? i like the sounds of that

the falcons having to go to Seattle twice in a month's span? i like the sounds of that

Stranger things have happened over the course of NFL Games! Back when I was a wagering man, playing spreads, I would see anything and everything come into play on AGS, as they say.......With this information, I know that a football's shape and the lack of tendancies in it's bounce offer a "chance" of the most unusual of things to occur! Perhaps we'll use a good team and some "luck" our way to do better than a WildCard spot? You never know!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom