Traded multiple picks? (1 Viewer)

bigdaddysaints

BigDaddy Has Arrived
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Why do Bobby and Hokie keep saying we traded multiple draft picks for Al Woods? Didn't all we give up was a 6 round pick for him? Sure we gave up a 4th and a 6th but we got a 4th back. The few minutes I was listening to them they made it sound like we gave up half the draft. Obviously you can hit gold with a 6th round pick but doesn't happen too often.

well we did trade two picks - a 4th and a 6th so that is multiple picks

Meh, at least it isn't "ZOMG I HATE THIS DRAFT AND AM HAVING A HEART ATTACK!," threads.

Yeah, it was multiple but it's just semantics. Now, do you really think Bobby and Hokie are masters of the English language. Yeah, me neither. :hihi:

1. –adjective- consisting of, having, or involving several or many individuals, parts, elements, relations, etc.;

So technically 2 isn't multiple.
A couple maybe but not multiple.

I'm not one for doing this, but since you went to the definition I'll add my $.02...Several can be anything more than one. I agree that it sounds like we traded like 3 when they said it and they should have used a different word, but look at who you're talking about...vocabulary isn't a strong-suit of either...

I think in the context that they used it, it did sound like 3 or more just to throw that in...so in that sense I agree with you...

All the way at the bottom...

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    53 KB · Views: 1
We only gave up one 1 pick. we swapped 4th's but, only gave up a 6th.

My point was that they try and make it sound like he had to live up to some kind of hype because they traded multiple pics for him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom