Trevor Penning played well vs Eagles D-Line (24 Viewers)

I do not understand that 4th quarter penalty at all. Really a head scratcher. How do you do that in that spot? He’s had a highlight play each week (good for him), but you CANNOT have that penalty in that moment. Completely selfish and stupid. Play with discipline and win on the field between the whistles, don’t do that chicken salad stuff and get 15 yard flags. We could not afford that today.

I do not understand that 4th quarter penalty at all. Really a head scratcher. How do you do that in that spot? He’s had a highlight play each week (good for him), but you CANNOT have that penalty in that moment. Completely selfish and stupid. Play with discipline and win on the field between the whistles, don’t do that chicken salad stuff and get 15 yard flags. We could not afford that today.
I have absolutely no proof here but, I think that opponents know which players they can taunt and get retaliatory responses from. I have to wonder if once those players locked horns on the field could the defender have done or said something that caused Penning’s temper to flare during that extended block.

While it’s definitely not an excuse for what Trevor did, I wouldn’t be surprised to hear something like the guy spit in his face while they were engaged on that play.

If so, Penning still shouldn’t have done it…

… but I’d understand.

As strange as it is, both of Penning's personal fouls have resulted in the Saints scoring touchdowns. The Saints just have to live with his mean streak because with how the current OL depth looks, the last thing the Saints need is to lose more starters.

As strange as it is, both of Penning's personal fouls have resulted in the Saints scoring touchdowns. The Saints just have to live with his mean streak because with how the current OL depth looks, the last thing the Saints need is to lose more starters.
I guess I stands corrected lol

I agree. He's a hot head and it works to our advantage when he doesn't get flagged for it. Hopefully he keeps it to a minimum, but I don't want them coaching out his anger.

Block a D lineman into the bench = fine, not the best use of your time but whatever...block a cornerback into the bench after thr whistle and getting him injured in the process = coward.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom