TV coverage for this weekend. (1 Viewer)

I think that the long term affects of Katrina could make this a true statement. I can't go anywhere these days without someone seeing me in Saints gear and talking Saints football and its not hard to tell the authentic from the band wagon. I live in OKC, some are in the military (Tinker Air Force Base is near,) but most are transplants. My wife is a teacher in a semi-rural school system and she has several parents who are saying "Who Dat Gonna Beat Dem Saints" when they see her Saints wear. Some even have Fleur de lis tatoos. The most obvious places we find fans are the fish monger's markets.

I have found that most transplants work "who is LSU's arch rival into the conversation." They always smile when I say "It used to be Tulane."

Or when they ask me "where is the best boudin?" and I say Best Stop meat market at the Scott/Cankton exit.

My favorite is "It sure is good to see some Saints fans here" as I pulled a gallon of milk out of cold storage in Super Wal-mart.

I know your point is that America is pulling for the Saints, but the Saints fans are spread across America. This in some twisted way may be a good thing for the franchise in years to come.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom