Up to Date Salary Cap Numbers (1 Viewer)

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
With the Fleener cut, it is supposed to save us $3.2 million on the cap.

The rookie pool will cost us $1.4 million after accounting for replacing the bottom 7 contracts.

Our cap based on Spotrac before the Fleener cut is right at $6 million.

So doing all the math leaves us at $7.8 million.

That's a pretty healthy number this late in free agency.

I have a feeling we leave a little cap for the final cut down to 53 in case a TE or LB gets cut from another squad that we like.

How much is the usual "reserve" we keep to hire a good FA if a starter gets injured in training camp?

And we can always roll over the unused cap money to next year. In the Fleener cut thread yesterday, I thought it said we only save $1.8 this year by releasing him. Did they have it wrong? I think it was a nold.com article so I wouldn't be surprised if they did. (I guess a June 1st cut designation would bring his dead number down for this year.)

Last edited:
He was paid $3.4 million and had a cap hit of $1.6 million for his signing bonus. His original cap figure was $8.2 million. So that comes out to $5 million total adjusted cap hit.

He was paid $3.4 million and had a cap hit of $1.6 million for his signing bonus. His original cap figure was $8.2 million. So that comes out to $5 million total adjusted cap hit.

Per spotrac his cap hit this year after the June st cut designation is $ 3 mil. That could change IF he can pass a physical and sign with another team since there was and offset clause in the contract.

Yes to keeping in reserve for potential post-June 1st signings
However I also don’t mind the idea of sitting on it - out bill’s coming due on a bunch of rookie contracts do extensions might be in order soon

Yes to keeping in reserve for potential post-June 1st signings
However I also don’t mind the idea of sitting on it - out bill’s coming due on a bunch of rookie contracts do extensions might be in order soon
I agree, we’re gonna have a lot of big in house contracts coming up soon.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom