What did SP say to Rick Reilly in the post game press conference? (1 Viewer)

wope

TWO DAT!
Reaction score
I read that he "owned" him, but how? Did he ask him a stupid question? Was it because of the stupid poem during the pregame?

Somebody asked about Green Bay and Payton brushed him off, said something like "We're talking about the Giants right now." That may have been the thing you heard about.

When asked about Green Bay, Payton said (this is from memory so forgive me if I misquote) - We are talking about the Giants. Next question.. a normal one.

The look of contempt on his face was great.

Are we sure that was Rick Reilly saying it? Sounded like some college intern to me, I thought the guy sounded really young & inexperienced.

Whoever it was, he has no PC skills at all. Not only did he ask Payton out of nowhere about the Packers, but he cut SP off in mid-sentence to do it. Was pretty bush league, he deserved the chirp he got. If I was whatever station/paper that sent him there, I'd think twice about giving him a press pass again.

it was Riley. he laughed about it later on the MNF set

Sounded like he just really wants to see a GB-NO rematch

Oh really? Wow. Growing up with an SI subscription, that guy was always my favourite sportswriter (or sports opinion writer I guess). I can't believe he'd cut off Payton like that when he was in mid-point, especially for some random question that didn't even relate to what Payton was talking about.

You're better than that, Rick. C'mon man. At least I guess that means he's really on board with the Saints, if he's dying to see a rematch between those two.

Oh really? Wow. Growing up with an SI subscription, that guy was always my favourite sportswriter (or sports opinion writer I guess). I can't believe he'd cut off Payton like that when he was in mid-point, especially for some random question that didn't even relate to what Payton was talking about.

You're better than that, Rick. C'mon man. At least I guess that means he's really on board with the Saints, if he's dying to see a rematch between those two.

After the offensive performance they put on last night, a GB v NO game would be great. ( if both teams execute like they can )

Back to Rick Reilly. He asked a legit question about the Packers. Fine. Then followed up in a look-at-me moment asking Payton if he wanted to play the Packers again.ayton responded to Rick Reilly by saying he's only talking about the Giants and then said, "Next question, a normal one."
:mwink:

Rick is 100X better at the written word than the spoken word. He needs to stick to the pages of SI.

Rick Reilly is a pompous ***!! I can't stand that guy and never have. I was really glad to see Payton give him that look, he deserved it IMO. He also said and LSU vs Alabama rematch would be like watching J. Edgar over again because it was that boring. Shows you what he knows about football.

A little off-topic, but I thought Reilly's "Saints QB montage" was garbage. First of all, it's a rehashed bit from 2009, when it originally was broadcast. Secondly, I thought it was disrepectful to a few Saints QB's like Brooks, Blake, and Hebert, who actually had moments of quality quarterback play.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom