what do i wear to a mardi gras ball? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
i am only 18, this is my first one, i am going to the spanishtown mardi gras ball here in baton rouge and have no idea what i am suppose to be wearing, and how fancy is my date's dress suppose to be? thanks a lot

I'd assume you know someone else going in order to get the invite, you should probably ask them. But since its a ball and everything, I'd throw a wild guess out there and say you need to wear a tux. Date needs to wear a ball gown, but I don't know what that entails. If she's 18 that means she's probably been to about 45 dances/proms/events already and knows exactly what to wear.

Usually wear a tux, girl wears a formal dress. But I don't know how BR balls go. I am talking about Mardi Gras Balls I have been to in NO.

The Spanish Town parade never stuck me as a big formal type event, but you never know.

I basically assume you need a tux and she needs a ball gown, but you should check with someone who had been to the ball.

Beads and a jockstrap.

Everyday is a Mardi Gras ball at my house.

The two I went to in the past called for a tuxedo, ladies formal/gowns.

Wear a tuxedo...your girl will be in formal wear. Don't be let down, most Mardi Gras balls are boring, but, if you pay attention, you'll get it....

tux definitely. i believe i went to the one youre talking about a couple of years ago. the men wore tuxs and all the women under 35 wore nice formal dresses while older women wore the sequence dresses

You better find out if you need to wear tails instead of a tux. Look on the invite and see what it says, if you still don't know, call Perlis they will tell you and rent from there, ok.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom