What home thermostat do you have? (1 Viewer)

BELOWSEALEVEL

Almost Heaven :o)
Reaction score
I currently have a Honeywell T6 pro series. I personally think it's garbage
but the new house I bought has one.
The company installed a brand new system in the house in June of 2020.
I bought the house in December and
already had a faulty T6 which they replaced for another. Let's just say the
faulty thermostat ran my bill pretty high but I caught it within 3 weeks of moving in.

So as I was sitting down last night finishing off my fourth Big Mac and large vanilla shake, I was thinking to myself, "maybe I should get a smart thermostat"

As I nibbled on the last remaining bits of my large fry, I researched a few just to see. I have a full Trane system so it made sense to look at those. The xl824 looks pretty good.

Now I'm eating a bowl of ice cream with the cardiologist on speed dial, I look at the ecobee, nest, emerson, etc etc to end the evening I sat there and said to myself, "I wonder what my peeps at SR have"

So here I am, looking for your preferences and what ya have, what ya replaced, and what is complete garbage from personal experience.......crunch crunch....now I'm eating a salad to offset yesterday's debacle. đź’©

We had Honeywell in our house that was programmable, but not wireless capable. For easiest installation I replaced it with another Honeywell that has the same footprint and snaps in just like the unit replaced. I can control both of the thermostats wirelessly which is great so I don't have to climb the stairs to check on the upstairs one.

Amazon product ASIN B00Y6M2OUC

I had an Ecobee that we had to replace multiple times. It would not turn the AC unit on, but it thought it did. I had to reset the thermostat for it to work again.
We got the Honeywell T6 as a replacement and have had no problems with it.

2 non-programmable pieces of crap - one for heat, one for AC.

Really want to go smart but hard to pull the trigger when I'd have to buy two, and we never leave the house anymore anyway.

I’ve got a nest. It works well. If you’re a check customer, you can get $100 rebate when purchasing a smart thermostat.

Entergy will also give you periodic rebates for linking your online thermostat with their program. It says you give them permission to make small adjustments to your thermostats, but I've never noticed it. We have Honeywell 9000s.

We have an Ecobee. Originally we chose it because it was the only option that had the pods you could place in each room. For us that was the tie breaker between the Ecobee and Nest, as our home has very uneven temps and if the thermostat is the only location reading the temp then our kids bedroom was always 6 - 8 degree different. Now we have pods in the kids bedrooms, the kitchen and our bedroom. Ecobee does a good job of averaging all temp readings to keep the whole house the same temp, or thereabouts.

I believe Nest has now introduced pods as well so that may not be as much of a deciding factor anymore.

We have a Nest, no complaints. It's nice to be able to switch it to Eco mode from your phone if you're on a trip and forgot to set it before you left.

We have an Ecobee. Originally we chose it because it was the only option that had the pods you could place in each room. For us that was the tie breaker between the Ecobee and Nest, as our home has very uneven temps and if the thermostat is the only location reading the temp then our kids bedroom was always 6 - 8 degree different. Now we have pods in the kids bedrooms, the kitchen and our bedroom. Ecobee does a good job of averaging all temp readings to keep the whole house the same temp, or thereabouts.

I believe Nest has now introduced pods as well so that may not be as much of a deciding factor anymore.
The Nest does have the pods. However from what I’ve read, Nest pods have very limited functionality. You can schedule your Nest thermostat to use the temperature from the pods at different times during the day and not much else.

I've got an Ecobee. It works great. Rarely have to adjust it anymore.

2 x Ecobee 3 here...I can see the savings on my electric bill. Well worth the investment. The entire house up and down are at a constant temp.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom