Who has to be the guy on Defense Sunday (1 Viewer)

Who has to step up Sunday on Defense?

• Marshawn Lattimore

Votes: 16 19.0%
  • Vonn Bell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eli Apple

Votes: 16 19.0%
  • Marcus Williams

Votes: 11 13.1%
  • Demario Davis

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • AJ Klein

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Marcus Davenport

Votes: 25 29.8%
  • Malcolm Brown

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sheldon Rankins

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cameron Jordan

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • Other

Votes: 5 6.0%

• Total voters

David Robbins

Ole Miss Rocks!
Reaction score
We all know that it will take a huge defensive effort to win this game. Tampa is a great Offensive team, at least win the good Winston shows up. Great WR's. So-So run game. So, who on Defense will have to have an outstanding game for us to win?

Lattimore has to show up again. Godwin and Evans are great, we are going to need to double one while leaving Lattimore on an island with the other.

It's all about the scheme this week. Can we confuse Winston & force him into making bad decisions. I think we will see a lot of zone coverage disguised as man & a lot of blitzing coming from every angle by everyone. The whole defense has to play their best game of the season to shut these guys down.

It's all about the scheme this week. Can we confuse Winston & force him into making bad decisions. I think we will see a lot of zone coverage disguised as man & a lot of blitzing coming from every angle by everyone. The whole defense has to play their best game of the season to shut these guys down.

Yep, we’ll mix things up, but still have some help on deep passes!

I think the answer to that is yes. I think what we saw against the Cowboys will equal two picks by mr suck a W.

Wanted to go w/Vonn, but instead I'm going w/Marcus Williams. Winston has an insane propensity for throwing INTs. A hawk like Marcus Williams has to make that bum pay for every idiotic pass he floats up there, and I think he will. I predict a huge game from both our Safeties, especially Marcus Williams.

This game will come down to whether or not the Saints can get get pass rush on Winston and whether Bridgewater can string together a few scoring drives.

Jordan’s always the man...that’s assumed. So I’m say Davenport. If he has a couple of sacks tomorrow I’d be surprised if we don’t win.

Yeah, cheap way out, but ALL of em!

Beating the Bucs surely looked a WHOLE lot easier at the start of the season than it looks now! Their O is playin much better than expected n ours is not, esp w/o Drew!

But this D is starting to believe in itself, and I really think they are looking forward to the challenge!

Davenport got to hunt Winston early and often. Davenport come out game against BUCS. 4 sacks, Let's GO!

PJ has to hold down the slot, and we need Marcus Williams to ball out as well. I think everyone else will continue to play hard.

Saints defensive line has only gotten 1 sack in the last two games, but that's been against two of the most frustrating QBs in the league to try to sack. They've still got a ton of QB pressures and hits in those games, so I'm not worried about them at all.

Apple and honestly the rest of the secondary will need to hold up in coverage though. It doesn't matter what the Saints DL does if Winston can throw to an open receiver in 2 seconds.

All of 'em...

Team sport, team support, team approach!

On the other side of the ball, I expect a big game from FB Zach Line. This is about the time of the year when Coach P throws the FB wrinkle into the offense and sneaks a couple of unexpected TDs out of them.
This right here ^^ The defense as a whole needs to be on the same level as they were for the cowturds or a higher level this Sunday. I believe they will be.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom