Who is America's team? (1 Viewer)

CajunSaint

Hall of Famer
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Up next on the Dan Patrick show. I will give a recap for those of you who cant tune in.

So funny, yet sooo stupid! Wha wha, cry me a river! :mecry: Cowgirl fans get their panties in the biggest wad when it comes to this. Personally, I really dont care, Dallas can have it! The thing is though, this name was actually given to the Saints, not claimed! BUt like I said, really not worried about it.

I like this dude who's filling in for Dan Patrick. Dan Patrick bores me.

America's Team is in Iraq right now and too busy to worry about what other's think. They are our sons and daughters fighting a war so that we can watch our games.

Recap:

He said the same thing that I just did. The cowboys dont deserve it because they named themselves that and you cant give yourself a nickname.

He went to make a case for other teams ie, Patriots and Steelers namely. In the end he said, except for Chicago, you are rooting for the Saints this weekend. If they win the Superbowl, then they are America's team.

There you have it.

Here's what irks me. This is on the cover of the CNNSI.com NFL page as a preview to their headline article:

"SI.com's Tim Layden says the Saints want people to focus on them as a strong football team, not a feel-good tale. Simple, all they have to do is beat the Bears on Sunday."

Isn't that what the media has been saying all year long? ("All they have to do is beat the Falcons on Monday Night..." "All they have to do is beat McNabb and the Eagles"..."All they have to do is beat the Cowboys in Texas Stadium"..."All they have to do is beat the red-hot Eagles in the divisional playoff round.")

Whoever wins the Super Bowl the previous year or whoever the 'sexy pick' is.

People are sheep.

Here's what irks me. This is on the cover of the CNNSI.com NFL page as a preview to their headline article:

"SI.com's Tim Layden says the Saints want people to focus on them as a strong football team, not a feel-good tale. Simple, all they have to do is beat the Bears on Sunday."

Isn't that what the media has been saying all year long? ("All they have to do is beat the Falcons on Monday Night..." "All they have to do is beat McNabb and the Eagles"..."All they have to do is beat the Cowboys in Texas Stadium"..."All they have to do is beat the red-hot Eagles in the divisional playoff round.")

Let it geaux! Heck, even if we win the Superbowl it is only because Carolina underachieved!

America's Team is in Iraq right now and too busy to worry about what other's think. They are our sons and daughters fighting a war so that we can watch our games.

Hammerfly, no disrespect but I would say that should be the worlds team. if there is a disaster any where on the planet are armed services are there to help, no one else's.

Well said Hammerfly......I 've been there and done that and I couldn't agree with you more!!
We're not done 'til they ALL come home!!

Let it geaux! Heck, even if we win the Superbowl it is only because Carolina underachieved!
I just happened to stumble on it a couple minutes ago. All I said was it irked me, as it should. It's not like I'll go home and think about it and lose sleep the rest of the week.

Yeah, that's frustrating but unfortunately, because of our franchise's losing tradition, we'll only win certain people over with a trophy or with a few more years where we go somewhat deep into the playoffs. The Saints have continued to have to prove themselves because people from day 1 have believed that the train was going to wreck at some point. It's all good. Respect from the media is way overrated anyway.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom