Who's the GOAT of all time for this Saints Position? (1 Viewer)

Who's the GOAT at D-Line for the Saints

• Will Smith

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Wayne Martin

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • La'roi Glover

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Jim Wilks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Frank Warren

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Cameron Jordan

Votes: 17 38.6%
  • Norman Hand

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Joe Johnson

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters

David Robbins

Ole Miss Rocks!
Reaction score
I watched the Black and Gold report last night, and they were talking about Will Smith. Just wondering though, who's the best ever for us on the D-Line of all time?

At this point I’d have to still say Martin, although by the end of his career it will undoubtedly be Jordan. Glover had a few great years, but not the longevity that Jordan and Martin had. The one guy on the list that everyone overlooks because of the role he played is Jim Wilkes. Wilkes had a long career, and pretty decent numbers until he moved to nose for the 3/4 defense, which is pretty much an invisible position. However, I remember Mills calling out Wilkes publicly on how great of a job he did as Mills very seldomly ever had to deal with lineman that got past the line of scrimmage. So if Mills was that complimentary of him, I’d say he should be top 5 at least.

Glover was the best player but he wasn’t the here long enough. So I have to go with Jordan.

Glover for me 17 sacks at the DT position, thats some Aaron Donald number right there.

Had to go with Wayne because of longevity. Glover was a beast. In all honesty all those guys are greats!

At the end of his career, Jordan will replace Wayne for me as the best all time for the Saints. La'roi would have done it for me if he had been a Saints longer than he was. Still, right now it is Wayne Martin for me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom