Will the Rams game get 'flexed' to Sunday night? (1 Viewer)

SuperSaint

Trek expert & WoW junkie
Reaction score
As I understand it, NBC has to make the announcement within 12 days, which would be today.

Right now, they have Packers at Steelers in that spot on the 26th, and our game is certainly a more attractive matchup.

I could see them doing it but prefer noon games. Just my preference, but we'd be the likely matchup with our two offenses making for good television. I haven't looked at the rest of the league's schedule...are there any other games that would be close to as good of a game as ours could be with the Rams? (Wouldn't it be crazy if it got flexed and ended up being a 17-14 game?)

With us having to travel to the west coast, I'd prefer it get flexed.

We are the only game worth it. And really we should be flexed over the Packers and Steelers. But that announcement would have to come today.

Really doubt they flex that game. It's already set for 4:05 EST and will surely be the FOX/CBS featured game of the week. NBC likely won't want it because the Steelers and Packers game will draw a guaranteed audience AND have a packed stadium. The Rams for all their success are playing in an empty venue every home game. it's really bad - their games look like they are 2-7. Not a good look on prime time when you already have a match up with 2 teams that have loyal fans bases and national interest.

It's unlikely that NBC opts out of Pittsburgh-Green Bay that Sunday night. Both franchises have big fan bases and both teams are over .500. Even without Aaron Rodgers in the game, the Steelers have enough star power for NBC to keep the game in that slot.

As I understand it, NBC has to make the announcement within 12 days, which would be today.

Right now, they have Packers at Steelers in that spot on the 26th, and our game is certainly a more attractive matchup.

I doubt they'll flex out of Packers/Steelers in a late November matchup. Those are big-draw teams, even if the Packers are struggling (though still in the hunt).

The Rams are still struggling on attendance, ranked 27th in the league through last week.

Couple of things I read elsewhere that may or may not have already been debunked...

I'd heard that Fox and CBS had to "protect" their games by week 4. Not sure a Saints Rams matchup looked too marquee at that point. That means it could be available for flexing.

However... I'd also read that the NFL agreed to schedule no night games at the Coliseum. Something about alcohol and drunk fans wandering the neighborhood surrounding the stadium at night. Not sure but that may have been debunked but I saw it mentioned in a couple of different discussions.

I'd rather them flex the Panthers game and I doubt they'd put us on two weeks in a row.

I doubt they'll flex out of Packers/Steelers in a late November matchup. Those are big-draw teams, even if the Packers are struggling (though still in the hunt).

The Rams are still struggling on attendance, ranked 27th in the league through last week.

When you go by percentage of stadium filled yes they are 26th. When you look at average number of attendees they are 9th.

That being said I don't think FOX lets NBC have this game.

Really doubt they flex that game. It's already set for 4:05 EST and will surely be the Fox featured game of the week. NBC likely won't want it because the Steelers and Packers game will draw a guaranteed audience AND have a packed stadium. The Rams for all their success are playing in an empty venue every home game. it's really bad - their games look like they are 2-7. Not a good look on prime time when you already have a match up with 2 teams that have loyal fans bases and national interest.

The other thing is... fan-wise... Saints' fans may well outnumber or be close to outnumbering Rams fans at that game. We have quite a few Who Dats in Southern California who are chomping at the bit to see our team in person.

I'd rather them flex the Panthers game and I doubt they'd put us on two weeks in a row.

No way the Saints get flexed to primetime Dec 3. The Sunday night matchup is Eagles at Seahawks. I could see the Saints/Panthers game being moved to 3:25 as the Fox game of the week tho.

They desperately need to allow flexing for MNF.

MNF has been mostly garbage the past two seasons.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom