XBOX Updates Question (1 Viewer)

Saint by the Bay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
You can tell my kids got video games for Christmas with all these questions I have lately. :hihi:

So now the XBOX is acting up. Three of the kids games say an update is needed when you put them in. The games are Halo 4, Just Dance 4 and Madden 13. When we go to the XBOX and check for an update it says none are available. It's connected to the Internet fine so that isn't the issue.

I'm sure you all will need more information that that to help me but I'm not sure what that is so ask and I shall provide. Thanks guys for helping the uncool Dad get his kids games working.

I don't own an X box, but assuming the basic idea works like the PS3, the games should update themselves. i.e. when they say they need an update, you say ok and watch it download and install.

If you try to find updates for X-box 360, it's probably looking for updates to the overall system, which is not what your games are telling you.

Just load the game and follow the prompts.

Or, I'm completely wrong.

Usually if the game itself needs an update, it'll pop up right after you leave the dashboard. Now Madden roster updates are downloaded from Xbox live. I've never really heard of your problem, though. Try calling the Xbox help line: 1-800-4MY-Xbox. They are really good at helping with problems.

Problem doesn't make any sense. They should just update.

Do you have enough space on the hard drive to store the updates?

SbtB - Which of these looks like your xbox:

microsoft_xbox_360_arcade_front1.jpg

or

microsoft_xbox_360_s_4gb__kinect.jpg

Here is a decent comparison between the two...

microsoft-xbox-360-slim-e12.jpg

Either way... Go to the dashboard, scroll all the way to the right and choose system, then storage, and then determine from there if you have a HDD with any reasonable space, or possibly just the 4gb 'save game' drive.

If you have an S, and don't have more than a 4gb drive, you'll need to pick up something like one of the first three options on this page:
360 hard drive - Best Buy

If you have the older model xbox (usually white, although could be black/gray in color, but not as 'shiny' as the 'S'), then you'll need the 4th item down on the best buy page above.

Installation is easy as snapping it into place. Youtube should have eleventy-billion videos showing how to install.

Good luck.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom