NFL Draft Zach Wilson Pro Day Video (1 Viewer)

🔥🔥🔥 He really is the 2nd best QB and could end up being the best pro of this bunch. He’s miles ahead of Mac Jones. @NOFALCONS10 😂 Jones looks like a third rounder compared to Wilson.

Damn I wish we could trade with the Jets!! 😭 😡 😔

Conventional wisdom and the presence of common sense would say that yes, the New York Jets should and MAYBE EVEN likely will draft Wilson with the #2 overall pick about a month from now, but considering this is the same franchise who's history is filled with mindless, idiotic decisions to draft players while passing over future HOF'ers like Dan Marino, Warren Sapp, and other high-quality All-Pro talent just slip right past them by nunerous FO's, owners, much less the current regime in charge.

How can some of us who are maybe more critical and have a tendency to keep a eye open up possible tendencies of certain teams surprise draft-day choices not be sure the Jets won't fork it up with Wilson, thinking they can still successfully salvage Darnold's career when the problem isn't really him, its just the Jets FO and HC doesn't know how to construct a solid, contending team because they think theyll find that next Lamar Jackson, or Deshaun Watson franchise-caliber MVP player that they build up around once he's in place so they continually overreach and continue to select busts or players who end up having disappointing careers and are retired within 5 years.

If you're a Jets fan, how can you ever be so sure theyll listen to conventional wisdom and take the BPA and instead won't make some unorthodox, totally unexpected, relative nobody like Kyle Brady or _______ they chose instead of picking Lawrence Taylor in 1981 and while Ken O'Brien was a good QB who made two Pro Bowls during his career as Jets QB, it just doesn't even come close to satisfying the nagging, what-if, moments or scenarios NY sports journalists, reporters, writers, and national pundits wondered how different the team's fortunes might've been if they'd picked better players. The Jets franchise, as a whole at least since modern FA came along, have been much better at signing already-good players and them continuing to excel rest of their careers then drafting a highly-touted collegiate and then developing them into Pro-Bowl players. Those they have, like Keyshawn Johnson, or even Mark Gastineau either don't stay very long or they eventually self-destruct and nearly get banned by the league.

I have been a fan of his since last season, and his meteoric rise this season (from potential 2nd round pick to potential #2 overall pick) is Burrow-esq. He caught lightning in a bottle this season, and he is being rewarded for it. He has all the talent in the world, and he plays quarterback like it needs to be played. It’s going to be sad watching him go to the Jets (and waste his talent, or (gasp) the 49ers and win a Super Bowl.

All that said, he has 4 teammates who I would love to draft/ sign as UDFAs.

Matt Bushman- TE- from Kenner. He got hurt, but had he come out last year he would have been a 3rd or 4th round pick. He got hurt this past season, and so you can probably get him in the 6th or 7th, but he is an all around talent. Go back to the LSU vs BYU game, and Bushman was the only threat on the field for BYU.

Brady Christensen- OT/OG- he was one of PFFs top rated tackles this past year, and kept Wilson clean. His knock isn’t that he isn’t athletic, his knock is he is 23.He is mature, but to me that is a benefit. He can play guard or tackle, and so you take him in the 2nd or 3rd, and let him play the James Hurst role.

Dax Milne- WR- if Wilson threw the ball, it was most likely to this kid. He will be a late round/UDFA, but he will make a camp, and then all bets are off.

Chris Wilcox- CB-the last two years Wilcox has been BYU’s #1 db, and he has been productive enough to garner national attention. He would have been the #1 cb on many P5 teams, but because he played at BYU he was under the radar. He is fast as heck. He ran a 4.31, and he has nice size (6’2). He will be a late round/udfa, but with proper coaching he will be a solid contributor.

The Jets will make the right pick and choose Wilson. They’ve been linked to Wilson since the end of the season, and I haven’t heard anything about them drafting Justin Fields. The 49ers moved up for either Fields or Lance.

Anyone watch the game vs Coastal?

I’m a South Alabama guy, so I was interested.
It was one of the most entertaining games I saw all year.

To be fair to Wilson, they didn’t have much time to prepare for each other, but he wasn’t extremely sharp. His arm talent is elite...Jeff George-ish... but Costal got a lot of pressure on him and he made some bad throws because of it (nothing earth shattering, that’s how you slow down great QBs). I think he’ll have a Josh Allen type learning curve before he settles down.

He fits the look, but I think Fields has superior arm talent, but it's really splitting hairs.

He fits the look, but I think Fields has superior arm talent, but it's really splitting hairs.
Did you watch the full video? It’s insane the throws he was making. Granted it may not be available against most NFL coverages but as he grows he can learn to use his talents in a productive way.

Fields is great also but his arm talent is more conventional, which is not a bad thing it’s just different.
I’d be happy to have either of those guys.

Did you watch the full video? It’s insane the throws he was making. Granted it may not be available against most NFL coverages but as he grows he can learn to use his talents in a productive way.

Fields is great also but his arm talent is more conventional, which is not a bad thing it’s just different.
I’d be happy to have either of those guys.

He was showing off ...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom