Final PFT 2024 Mock Draft (Saints select Georgia TE Brock Bowers) (4 Viewers)

I personally take Brock Bowers over any offensive tackle, not named Alt. I don’t think he’s there but if he is, there’s not a question to me. The only other prospect I like for us more than Bowers would be Rome Odunze. It’s a pipe drain that he’s there though.

Last edited:
I'll take Bowers anyday. My worst fear is the Saints will move up in the draft and forgo next years first round pick. PLEASE NO. This Saints are not there yet for a good playoff run so I would like for them to build back the team through the draft.
I can almost guarantee they won’t use the first next year to just move up 4-5 spots. This “fear” is pretty unfounded.

The value doesn’t match up even remotely. You’re not moving up 15 spots.

13 Tackles could go before the Saints and the Saints will still take a tackle. I think they've painted themselves into a corner where it doesn't matter who is available. Worse, they're fine with that. They're going to check the box and be excited about it. I don't have faith in Dennis Allen to be anything more than pedestrian and predictable. So hoping to be proved wrong though.

Bowers is the cleanest evaluation in the draft. The team feels that way. If he is there, you take him and address the line in the second. The team would probably opt for Alt, Fashanu, or Fuaga based on what I know. That being said, if Bowers and one of those guys are sitting there at #14, it'll be a LONG, uneasy discussion on Airline.

Bowers is the cleanest evaluation in the draft. The team feels that way. If he is there, you take him and address the line in the second. The team would probably opt for Alt, Fashanu, or Fuaga based on what I know. That being said, if Bowers and one of those guys are sitting there at #14, it'll be a LONG, uneasy discussion on Airline.

I would hope that by now they already know what they'd do in that scenario. If not, what the hell have they been doing all this time? :ROFLMAO:

If you can in percentage terms:

How likely is Loomis going to trade up or down? I know it depends on the board but has he looked more at trading back?

I would hope that by now they already know what they'd do in that scenario. If not, what the hell have they been doing all this time? :ROFLMAO:
They do, generally speaking. But the Saints plan for certain scenarios. But it comes down to the grades. Bowers is graded very highly so that complicates things.

They do, generally speaking. But the Saints plan for certain scenarios. But it comes down to the grades. Bowers is graded very highly so that complicates things.

I can virtually guarantee they have these scenarios all mapped out for if they remain at 14 who they'd take in every single scenario. That's really as simple as putting together a top 14 and saying to yourself "I will take whoever the highest player remaining is once we come up."

I think the complicated/long discussion part comes when they have a very highly rated player that starts to drop past their grade bubble and they need to decide whether or not they should trade up for him.

I am sure they have 1 or 2 guys like this that they can see dropping and have already put out feelers on what it would take to move up a few slots with certain teams.

I have a gut feeling the saints trade with DEN to secure someone.

You kinda have to snipe LV who probably needs an OT.

How exactly does Bowers fit in the NFL? He's much smaller than Kelce, Kittle, etc. If he projects as a WR-tweener then his success will be highly dependent on an OC who creates matchups a la Payton. Do we have the creativity to put him to use? If not then we are better off with a simple big man for the trenches...
He's going to be able to get open, make catches, and create after the catch. In terms of the receiving aspect of playing TE he's a natural. It's now routine to see TEs in the 240s have a lot of success. Guys like Jordan Reed, Evan Engram, Dalton Kincaid, Sam LaPorta, etc. And if you look at where those guys were as prospects, I don't think it's close.

To me if you're drafting a TE in the first round in 2024 it's not because of his blocking ability. Bowers isn't awful at blocking but he's not great. I'll take the tradeoff. If we can't get a big time Tackle prospect at 14 then a weapon like Bowers would be a consolation prize.

if he's there, Bowers has to be the pick. They can address the Oline with the 2nd round pick and the pick they get in the 3rd by trading two of the three 5th round picks they have

I can virtually guarantee they have these scenarios all mapped out for if they remain at 14 who they'd take in every single scenario. That's really as simple as putting together a top 14 and saying to yourself "I will take whoever the highest player remaining is once we come up."

I think the complicated/long discussion part comes when they have a very highly rated player that starts to drop past their grade bubble and they need to decide whether or not they should trade up for him.

I am sure they have 1 or 2 guys like this that they can see dropping and have already put out feelers on what it would take to move up a few slots with certain teams.
:unsure: This is the point.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom