NFL Draft What WR do you like in this year’s draft? (1 Viewer)

I started filling out my WR attribute spreadsheet and one WR is really standing out, Bub Means out of Pittsburgh. He's not one of the big names, but he has the attributes required for an NFL WR. I watched some of his highlights this morning and his size/speed and length is evident on tape. Looks like the inconsistent QB play at Pittsburgh factored into his lower stats on the season. I recommend looking into this guy as a late round option. He might gain some traction as he's starting to get talked about as a sleeper.

Bub Means
Height: 73"
Weight: 212lbs - (Combine)
Weight: 227lbs - (Pro Day)
Weight: 217lbs - Weight he wants to play at in the NFL
Hands: 10.25"
40-Time: 4.43sec
20-yard Shuttle: 4.38sec
Vertical: 39.5"
Bench: 19
Squat: 500lbs

How does a WR gain 15 pounds between the Combine and his Pro Day, about a month apart? Something doesn't seem right concerning the accuracy of his weight.

Florida WR Ricky Pearsall
Im a total Ricky Pearsall guy. I wouldnt be mad at all if he was our dude at 45, or if we traded back into the 2nd to draft him. I personally think his skillset is what’s been missing on O. Pearsall’s versatile enough to play outside, but in the slot, he can be a legit a gamebreaker. Pearsall reminds me of a tougher, better run after the catch version of Olave.

As much as id love to see us somehow land Pearsall, there’s a couple of WRs who id be super excited about in our O. On top of Pearsall, i want to add a pair of Jalen’s to my list, Mcmillan & Coker.

I personally believe Jalen Mcmillan from WA is being criminally under appreciated. That dude may not have elite traits, but he is quietly one of the most complete WRs in this class. The dude blocks, is a clutch chain mover, & has downfield splash play ability. Plus he’s a playmaker out of the slot. To me, Mcmillan is literally Chris Godwin.

Jalen Coker is a combat catch MONSTER! We need that Mike T-type who can literally punk a dude for the ball in contested coverage situations. Coker is that exact type. Huge fan of how he plays. Absolutely love Coker’s play demeanor. That guy’s a THUG!

Last edited:
How does a WR gain 15 pounds between the Combine and his Pro Day, about a month apart? Something doesn't seem right concerning the accuracy of his weight.

I read an article about their Pro Day and he said he wanted to be hydrated when going through all the drills so he put on some water weight. He also said he plans to play at 217lbs.

Also, Means was noticeably bigger at Pitt’s pro day, jumping up 15 lbs. from his NFL combine weight.

Means said it was part of his plan to hydrate a lot before the events as part of his regimen to stay in NFL shape, as he wants his normal playing weight to be around 217 lbs.

Troy Franklin, University of Oregon..

..seems like every time I seen him last season he was always making the big play.. his YAC was pretty silly, catching nothing but ropes from Nix.. personally I believe he'd be a great addition to the Saints WR corp.. trust me, he's pretty sweet!.. watch some highlights, you'll understand my meaning.. here..

6'3 with speed and A.T. Perry like awareness.. yeah you could say i'm a fan.. it'd be amazing if he makes it to the 2nd, but if he did there'd have to be a way to get him.. Just imagine, Olave, Perry, Shaheed & Franklin.. smh.. it wouldn't be fair.. LoL!

NW.

Just had to bump this, if for any other reason because if he's still there when the Saints pick, they gotta this guy!

NW.

I started filling out my WR attribute spreadsheet and one WR is really standing out, Bub Means out of Pittsburgh. He's not one of the big names, but he has the attributes required for an NFL WR. I watched some of his highlights this morning and his size/speed and length is evident on tape. Looks like the inconsistent QB play at Pittsburgh factored into his lower stats on the season. I recommend looking into this guy as a late round option. He might gain some traction as he's starting to get talked about as a sleeper.

Bub Means
Height: 73"
Weight: 212lbs - (Combine)
Weight: 227lbs - (Pro Day)
Weight: 217lbs - Weight he wants to play at in the NFL
Hands: 10.25"
40-Time: 4.43sec
20-yard Shuttle: 4.38sec
Vertical: 39.5"
Bench: 19
Squat: 500lbs

Bam! We drafted him. LFG!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom