“There has never been an American army as violent and murderous as the one in Iraq” (1 Viewer)

I think the Democrats are going to distance themselves from this guy like they are doing Kerry. When you make a statement that most of the country is just not going to believe, you might as well say Bush is a Nazi and just leave it at that.

Duh. Why do you think they call it a "Civil" War... ;)

Here is a story about what my Nephew went through in Iraq.

He came home in September of 2005 with two purple hearts, after the Bradley he was patroling in was hit with IED's on two separate occasions. In both incidents he was the guy with his head and upper torso out of the forward hatch. In the first incident he only received minor facial lacerations. The second incident resulted in him recieving second degree burns on his face, neck and shoulder areas.

I sat with him and we talked about what happened and I asked him what was the reaction of the guys with him when they were attacked. He tod me, "Unk, we wanted to kill everything and everyone in the area when that happened. The only thing that prevented it was kowing that we were under strict orders that we could not fire on anyone unless we were fired upon."

I then asked him how were they setting the bombs off. He then told me about how the terrorists used remote control devices, and would stand around with a group of people and activate the devise when the Bradley's or Humvees came upon them. He told me that this was the hardest thing to take when they were attacked. Knowing that the person who activated the IED was standing within 50 to 100 ft. of them and they could do nothing about it.

All I know is it takes a lot of discipline to not fire into a group of people, knowing that the person that just set off a device to try and kill you is in that area. War is hell and I can never pretend to know what the awfull conditions these young men and women are put through are like.

Just a question - doesn't the Army consider being blown up "being fired upon"???

>>Wow. You think that “There has never been an American army as violent and murderous as the one in Iraq.”...

I'm not taking on the article, the statement or elsewise. I'm just looking at it from the perspective of American Soliders as police in a foreign land which is essentially what they are (well armed police). This kind of thing is going to happen. It's too bad the President didn't take his own advice about nation building and being world's policemen while on the campaign trail in 2000. :shrug: You can do it under the auspices of the U.N. (K4) where you don't take all the heat when something goes wrong, but I'm also not completely comfortable with that arrangement.
----------------------------------------------

Last edited:
The writer of the story has issued an apology stating that he misread his notes and wrote the wrong heading. He offered his sympathy to the members in the military, the families and the friends of military personel. He does not apologize for the Bush administrations failed foreign policy. The title of the article was supposed to read:

“There has never been a violent and murderous American army in Iraq"

The writer of the story has issued an apology stating that he misread his notes and wrote the wrong heading. He offered his sympathy to the members in the military, the families and the friends of military personel. He does not apologize for the Bush administrations failed foreign policy. The title of the article was supposed to read:

“There has never been a violent and murderous American army in Iraq"

yeah... right.... THATs what you meant to say...

Terrorism's best friends - the Democratic party-the liberal media and people, and I use that term lightly, like Hersh. God help us!

Explain. I can't hear you from that pedastal your sitting on. Didn't you leave out arrogance?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom