2 Weeks in a row DEFENSE FAILED to Close!! (33 Viewers)

Defense has given up 27 points combined the last 2 weeks. Tell ma again how they're failing? 15 and 12 should be 2 wins.
Should be but we didn’t get the wins. Both games we had the lead with 2minutes left and they can’t hold. If are supposed to be top5 defense we need to hold teams when it matters MOST!!! I’ll die on this hill. Because all good defenses and true contenders find a way to win at the end of games and hold on defense.

Should be but we didn’t get the wins. Both games we had the lead with 2minutes left and they can’t hold. If are supposed to be top5 defense we need to hold teams when it matters MOST!!! I’ll die on this hill. Because all good defenses and true contenders find a way to win at the end of games and hold on defense.
What was it the first lead of the game

I would have bet the farm that exact scenario would happen. Same thing over and over. I feel so stupid for believing the 2 week hype.
You do realize that the other team didn’t score any offensive tds? You can’t blame the defense for special teams and offense spotting the other team 14 points. Defense can’t win every game for us after putting them in bad positions to have to win it at the last minute.

I would have bet the farm that exact scenario would happen. Same thing over and over. I feel so stupid for believing the 2 week hype.
Did you not WATCH the game at all? We spotted them 14 points on special teams and a pick-6. Do the math. The defense only gave up 12 points. That's defense that's more than good enough to win.

Good lord, this is a stupid take.

I feel your emotions, but it should be directed at play calling. Allen needed to call a blitz and bracket to Adebo's side in crunch time. Kirt won't be the only one exploiting our handsy DB. The refs let things go throughout a game, but come winning time, they run with their hands on the flag. Allen has to help Adebo not force the refs hand. We aren't the legion of boom so they won't let him play like Sherman

Last edited:
The defense has played well all season. Our Offense on the other hand has not complimented them the last two games. Philly’s D-line destroyed our O-line and Carr had no time to throw. Today the Offense moved the ball but stalled after the first two drives.

While I’m thankful for what Kubiak has brought to this offense, his play calling was very questionable. Their defense was stuff our runs to the right all day, our runs to the left were gashing their D. So what do we do on 3rd and goal? Run to the fricking right which gets stuffed. Just terrible trying to be to cute and “out smart” the defense I guess.

The defense has played well all season. Our Offense on the other hand has not complimented them the last two games. Philly’s D-line destroyed our O-line and Carr had no time to throw. Today the Offense moved the ball but stalled after the first two drives.

While I’m thankful for what Kubiak has brought to this offense, his play calling was very questionable. Their defense was stuff our runs to the right all day, our runs to the left were gashing their D. So what do we do on 3rd and goal? Run to the fricking right which gets stuffed. Just terrible trying to be to cute and “out smart” the defense I guess.
About the runs to the right - I said the same thing last week and wasn’t well received. I get that we need to mix it up but if it’s not working it’s not working, and it hasn’t really worked since week 1. I like Kubiak and think our offensive scheme is fine but he’s got a bit of Payton about him where he just won’t admit it’s not working today.

I don't know why we don't do things that work.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom