2012 Roster Discussions -- Position Battles-- Depth Chart-- Talent (1 Viewer)

I agree Roby is likely gone. Also, I think Morgan edges out Arrington and/or Arrington gets injured and as a result, we have 5 active WR, going into Game 1:
Colston
Henderson
Moore
Toon
Morgan

and then WR roster, likely to vary after Week 1 and each subsequent week. Just guessing (predicting) the outcome.

*Personally, I am hoping that a sleeper rises to the occasion, as well.

Unfortunately, Aarington is already hurt. Miniscus injury? I was very happy with the play of Curtis Lofton tonight too.

I'm sure I'll get bashed for this, but during this game it almost seemed like they were alternating Cadet and Ivory in the 2nd quarter to see which would be the #4 RB. If Cadet continues to impress and gets a chance to show some inside running, I think that he can make Ivory expendable due to his versatility.

Ivory aint going nowhere dude

I agree, and I'll give 'em that, but for how long?

Roby does this every year only to sink back into oblivion as a wr option during the season.

The reason for his preseason prominence is Daniels tends to lock onto him only when AA is not there.

Since both Morgan and Cadet give us ST value I wouldn't mind cutting Roby. I doubt he gets picked up since teams will likely view him as only STs and he can sit by his phone if we need him.

I hope we cut Hall, keep only 1 FB and keep 5 RBs. While it would be tough to use that many on gameday, the flexibility helps with injury and in the passing game where sproles, thomas, and cadet would contribute.

I think its tough to evaluate the 4,5, and 6 receivers (if we carry that many) since their production is due to chemistry with Chase while their roster spot depends on their chemistry with drew. Roby as a veteran backup probably has the most chemistry with Chase after someone like Arrington. So Roby might produce, but his production is probably more due to a certain chemistry between him and Chase rather than his ability as a receiver.

I was very excited when we signed Joe Morgan last year and I remain confident that he can be a productive player for us. But right now, he has not been consistent. If we judge things strictly by what we see in practice and the games, then I would put Andy Tanner over him. Tanner's fumble was disconcerting; however, the thing you recognize there is that 98% of the guys who would have taken that same hit after losing their balance while reaching back for a poorly thrown ball would have also lost the ball. But Tanner has consistently caught the football and is playing with a bit more confidence than Morgan.

I noticed several times where Morgan would make a mistake and get down on himself. When he first came out, and played early on, he showed confidence with Drew. As the night went on, however, he seemed to lose confidence and become more inconsistent. Tanner, on the other hand, worked hard no matter who was out on the field throwing to him. It makes a difference and it is one I suspect the coaches will notice.

Morgan is a burner and that gives him an advantage. And we are only 2 weeks into practice and have one game in the books; so there is still time for Morgan. But he will have to become more consistent before I call him a lock to make the roster, especially with how well I think Andy Tanner is playing.

I think the backup DT's is starting to get interesting on who makes the final 53

Morgan is a burner and that gives him an advantage. And we are only 2 weeks into practice and have one game in the books; so there is still time for Morgan. But he will have to become more consistent before I call him a lock to make the roster, especially with how well I think Andy Tanner is playing.

I think Morgan is a lock unless we pick up another speed receiver. Only him and Devery have that speed to keep the safeties way back. I honestly don't even think Morgan is in a battle. I think he rolls into Meach's spot. AA, Toon and Roby fight for the 5th and probably 6th spot. Toon may get a year on the PS if he doesn't have a great preseason.

I think Marcel Jones kept Charles Brown safe, last night. It's early but I don't see Jones any higher than the PS this year.

Offensive Tackle. Huge questions there. I see Charles Brown out there and I have flashbacks to the Rams game...:covri: Gotta figure as the preseason continues we will bring in some more options to look at I hope.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom