2024 Mock 1st Round and a complete Saints Draft (1 Viewer)

draftfreak

Dreamer of Dreams
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
2024 NFL 1st round and Complete Saints Draft

1 – Bears – Caleb Williams, QB, USC, 6’1 215lbs

2 – Washington – Jayden Daniels, QB, LSU, 6’4 212lbs

3 – Vikings (Trade with Patriots) – Drake Maye, QB, North Carolina, 6’4 225lbs

4 – Cardinals – Marvin Harrison Jr., WR, Ohio St., 6’3 210lbs

5 – Chargers – Malik Nabors, WR, LSU, 6’0 205lbs

6 – Giants – Rome Odunze, WR, Washington, 6’3 215lbs

7 – Titans – Joe Alt, OT, Notre Dame, 6’9 325lbs

8 – Broncos (trade with Falcons) – J.J. McCarthy, QB, Michigan, 6’3 220lbs

9 – Bears – Brock Bowers, TE, Georgia, 6’3 245lbs

10 – Jets – Brian Thomas, WR, LSU, 6’3 210lbs

11 – Patriots (trade with Vikings) – Michael Penix Jr. QB, Washington, 6’2 220lbs

12 – Falcons (Trade with Broncos) – Jared Verse, DE/OLB, Florida St., 6’4 255lbs

13 – Raiders – Taliese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St. 6’6 320lbs

14 – Saints – Olu Fashanu, OT, Penn St. 6’6 315lbs

15 – Colts – Dallas Turner, DE/OLB, Alabama, 6’3 250lbs

16 – Seahawks – Laiatu Latu, DE, UCLA, 6’5 265lbs

17 – Jaguars – Ladd McConkey, WR, Georgia, 6’0 190lbs

18 – Bengals – Trey Benson, RB, Florida St., 6’0 220lbs

19 – Rams – Byron Murphy II, DT, Texas, 6’1 300lbs

20 – Steelers – J.C. Latham, OT, Alabama, 6’6 335lbs

21 – Dolphins – Troy Fautanu, OL, Washington, 6’4 315lbs

22 – Eagles – Quinyon Mitchell, CB, Toledo, 6’0 190lbs

23 – Patriots (trade with Vikings) – Tyler Guyton, OT, Oklahoma, 6’8 320lbs

24 – Cowboys – Jaylen Wright, RB, Tennessee, 5’11 210lbs

25 – Packers – Graham Barton, OL, Duke, 6’5 315lbs

26 – Buccaneers – Chop Robinson, DE/OLB, Penn St., 6’3 260lbs

27 – Cardinals (from Houston) – Terrion Arnold, CB, Alabama, 6’0 190lbs

28 – Bills – Nate Wiggins, CB, Clemson, 6’1 175lbs

29 – Lions – Cooper Dejean, CB, Iowa, 6’1 200lbs

30 – Ravens – Jordan Morgan, OT, Arizona, 6’5 310lbs

31 – 49ers – Payton Wilson, LB, N.C. State, 6’4 235lbs

32 – Chiefs – Cole Bishop, FS, Utah, 6’2 205lbs

Saints Draft: Saints trade picks 168, 190, and 199 as part of a deal to move up to acquire a 3rd round pick.

1 – 14 – Olu Fashanu, OT, Penn St. 6’6 315lbs – 5.11 – He’ll step in as the starting LT on day one. This allows us options: if Ramczyk can’t go at RT, we can move Penning to RT. If Ramczyk can go, we move Penning to LG. Olu is an extremely athletic and well-schooled LT who didn’t give up a single sack in the past two seasons.

2 – 45 – T'Vondre Sweat, NT, Texas, 6’5 350lbs – 5.27 – The Outland trophy winner is more than just a pure run-plugging NT, but he is that too. He possesses enough quickness and burst and athleticism to wreak a lot of havoc in the offensive backfield. Working alongside Bresee, he’ll give us one of the best interior D-line tandems in the league.

3 – ? – Ben Sinnott, TE, K-State, 6’4 250lbs – 4.62 – He was a do-it-all at K-State who played FB, TE, and WR. He is a very good in-line blocker who plays with a mean streak. He goes all-out on every play, and he is highly athletic and is a dangerous weapon in the passing game. He’s tough, athletic, long-limbed, and tenacious. He could be a huge weapon for Carr.

5 – 150 – Will Shipley, RB, Clemson, 5’11 206lbs – 4.45 – This true Junior is a 3 year starter at Clemson who had a couple nagging injuries last season that kept him from having a 2nd straight 1,000 yard season. He is fast, quick, instinctive, and is a very dangerous weapon as a receiver out of the back-field. He is also an excellent return man who can return punts and kicks as he works behind Kamara and Miller in the offensive back-field.

5 – 170 – M.J. Devonshire, CB/DB, Pitt, 5’11 190lbs – 4.45 – He’s an explosive inside/slot/nickel press cornerback who has a very good blend of physical and athletic traits. He plays fast, has long arms, and has fluid hips – he has very good later quickness and lateral movement skills. His technique will get away from him at times and he doesn't always play with great fundamentals. He gets a bit grabby at times, but he has all the physical tools. With his athleticism and loose hips and speed, he could be a steal.

5 – 175 – Jaden Crumedy, DT, Mississippi St., 6’4 305lbs – 4.97 – This super-quick and super-strong 5th year Senior will give us great depth and versatility on the interior of the D-line. He played inside and outside in Starkville and is very disruptive and instinctive. He has great length and natural power, and can be dominant at times. When he’s healthy, he an excellent 3-tech.

7 – 239 – Cornelius Johnson, WR, Michigan, 6’3 212lbs – 4.44 – He was a 3-year starter and was McCarthy’s go-to-guy when he was in trouble. He has excellent speed, burst, hips, and athleticism, but he’s been more of a top-flight possession receiver at Michigan. He has excellent hands, gives his QB a big target, and is very consistent – if not explosive.

I love it and I hate almost everyone's mock drafts. I would just change the 3rd 5th round pick to a LB and the 1st 5th round pick to Luke Mccaffrey. Otherwise i can dig it!. Our first 2 picks match. Resign Peat to the LT and Fashanu to RT, we should be alright on the OL.

Huge Ladd fan but if he does pick 17 i'll be shocked.

Also Penning cannot just move inside to guard he's way too big. Moving him to RT is also not a surefire thing.
Can’t just kick him to the curb. You have to coach him up at RT/LT. Let him take some lumps and bruises and most importantly let him play with a mean streak. It’s his thing and we essentially stripped him of it. Dude needs reps and lots of them.

Last edited:
Can’t just kick him to the curb. You have to coach him up at RT. Let him take some lumps and bruises and most importantly let him play with a mean streak. It’s his thing and we essentially stripped him of it. Dude needs reps and lots of them.
Then you play him at LT. Penning has only ever played on the left side you can't just switch him to RT.

We never should have benched him to begin with.

2024 NFL 1st round and Complete Saints Draft

1 – Bears – Caleb Williams, QB, USC, 6’1 215lbs

2 – Washington – Jayden Daniels, QB, LSU, 6’4 212lbs

3 – Vikings (Trade with Patriots) – Drake Maye, QB, North Carolina, 6’4 225lbs

4 – Cardinals – Marvin Harrison Jr., WR, Ohio St., 6’3 210lbs

5 – Chargers – Malik Nabors, WR, LSU, 6’0 205lbs

6 – Giants – Rome Odunze, WR, Washington, 6’3 215lbs

7 – Titans – Joe Alt, OT, Notre Dame, 6’9 325lbs

8 – Broncos (trade with Falcons) – J.J. McCarthy, QB, Michigan, 6’3 220lbs

9 – Bears – Brock Bowers, TE, Georgia, 6’3 245lbs

10 – Jets – Brian Thomas, WR, LSU, 6’3 210lbs

11 – Patriots (trade with Vikings) – Michael Penix Jr. QB, Washington, 6’2 220lbs

12 – Falcons (Trade with Broncos) – Jared Verse, DE/OLB, Florida St., 6’4 255lbs

13 – Raiders – Taliese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St. 6’6 320lbs

14 – Saints – Olu Fashanu, OT, Penn St. 6’6 315lbs

15 – Colts – Dallas Turner, DE/OLB, Alabama, 6’3 250lbs

16 – Seahawks – Laiatu Latu, DE, UCLA, 6’5 265lbs

17 – Jaguars – Ladd McConkey, WR, Georgia, 6’0 190lbs

18 – Bengals – Trey Benson, RB, Florida St., 6’0 220lbs

19 – Rams – Byron Murphy II, DT, Texas, 6’1 300lbs

20 – Steelers – J.C. Latham, OT, Alabama, 6’6 335lbs

21 – Dolphins – Troy Fautanu, OL, Washington, 6’4 315lbs

22 – Eagles – Quinyon Mitchell, CB, Toledo, 6’0 190lbs

23 – Patriots (trade with Vikings) – Tyler Guyton, OT, Oklahoma, 6’8 320lbs

24 – Cowboys – Jaylen Wright, RB, Tennessee, 5’11 210lbs

25 – Packers – Graham Barton, OL, Duke, 6’5 315lbs

26 – Buccaneers – Chop Robinson, DE/OLB, Penn St., 6’3 260lbs

27 – Cardinals (from Houston) – Terrion Arnold, CB, Alabama, 6’0 190lbs

28 – Bills – Nate Wiggins, CB, Clemson, 6’1 175lbs

29 – Lions – Cooper Dejean, CB, Iowa, 6’1 200lbs

30 – Ravens – Jordan Morgan, OT, Arizona, 6’5 310lbs

31 – 49ers – Payton Wilson, LB, N.C. State, 6’4 235lbs

32 – Chiefs – Cole Bishop, FS, Utah, 6’2 205lbs

Saints Draft: Saints trade picks 168, 190, and 199 as part of a deal to move up to acquire a 3rd round pick.

1 – 14 – Olu Fashanu, OT, Penn St. 6’6 315lbs – 5.11 – He’ll step in as the starting LT on day one. This allows us options: if Ramczyk can’t go at RT, we can move Penning to RT. If Ramczyk can go, we move Penning to LG. Olu is an extremely athletic and well-schooled LT who didn’t give up a single sack in the past two seasons.

2 – 45 – T'Vondre Sweat, NT, Texas, 6’5 350lbs – 5.27 – The Outland trophy winner is more than just a pure run-plugging NT, but he is that too. He possesses enough quickness and burst and athleticism to wreak a lot of havoc in the offensive backfield. Working alongside Bresee, he’ll give us one of the best interior D-line tandems in the league.

3 – ? – Ben Sinnott, TE, K-State, 6’4 250lbs – 4.62 – He was a do-it-all at K-State who played FB, TE, and WR. He is a very good in-line blocker who plays with a mean streak. He goes all-out on every play, and he is highly athletic and is a dangerous weapon in the passing game. He’s tough, athletic, long-limbed, and tenacious. He could be a huge weapon for Carr.

5 – 150 – Will Shipley, RB, Clemson, 5’11 206lbs – 4.45 – This true Junior is a 3 year starter at Clemson who had a couple nagging injuries last season that kept him from having a 2nd straight 1,000 yard season. He is fast, quick, instinctive, and is a very dangerous weapon as a receiver out of the back-field. He is also an excellent return man who can return punts and kicks as he works behind Kamara and Miller in the offensive back-field.

5 – 170 – M.J. Devonshire, CB/DB, Pitt, 5’11 190lbs – 4.45 – He’s an explosive inside/slot/nickel press cornerback who has a very good blend of physical and athletic traits. He plays fast, has long arms, and has fluid hips – he has very good later quickness and lateral movement skills. His technique will get away from him at times and he doesn't always play with great fundamentals. He gets a bit grabby at times, but he has all the physical tools. With his athleticism and loose hips and speed, he could be a steal.

5 – 175 – Jaden Crumedy, DT, Mississippi St., 6’4 305lbs – 4.97 – This super-quick and super-strong 5th year Senior will give us great depth and versatility on the interior of the D-line. He played inside and outside in Starkville and is very disruptive and instinctive. He has great length and natural power, and can be dominant at times. When he’s healthy, he an excellent 3-tech.

7 – 239 – Cornelius Johnson, WR, Michigan, 6’3 212lbs – 4.44 – He was a 3-year starter and was McCarthy’s go-to-guy when he was in trouble. He has excellent speed, burst, hips, and athleticism, but he’s been more of a top-flight possession receiver at Michigan. He has excellent hands, gives his QB a big target, and is very consistent – if not explosive.
Who’s the trade partner for the round 3 trade?

I love it and I hate almost everyone's mock drafts. I would just change the 3rd 5th round pick to a LB and the 1st 5th round pick to Luke Mccaffrey. Otherwise i can dig it!. Our first 2 picks match. Resign Peat to the LT and Fashanu to RT, we should be alright on the OL.
This!❤️ … and maybe another late grab in the fifth of Pratt if he’s somehow still there … Haener and Pratt behind Carr with Taysom on the team gives me hope 🤷🏻‍♂️

I would like Johnson to fall into the 7th, unfortunately I think we will need to spend a 5th to get him.

Either way he has to hold down a spot on the outside. I agree, we should have trusted the process with him.
Its weird because his best game might have been against the Patriots, just before he got benched.

I hate it… so it’ll probably be 100% accurate.

Saints take the white-guy version of Jamaal Williams to compete against.. Jamaal Williams? It makes so little sense that it must be true!!!

Thank you for doing this. I give anyone a lot of credit for putting in the time to put this together. Even if I disagree with much of it, :)

ETA: You are one of the only people that is as high on Cole Bishop as I am. I would love him at 45. Cheers!

Last edited:
Either way he has to hold down a spot on the outside. I agree, we should have trusted the process with him.
Still blows my mind that fans on this very forum were blaming Penning against the Packers when they were rolling an extra tackle to Ramczyk's side and he was still getting schooled.

Still blows my mind that fans on this very forum were blaming Penning against the Packers when they were rolling an extra tackle to Ramczyk's side and he was still getting schooled.
Penning just looks like a guy that completely ruins a bathroom for at least an hour or more after he blows it up… and I can’t believe a guy like that can’t be a a great O-lineman!

IMG_9285.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom