2024 PFF O-Line Rankings - Saints Ranked Last (7 Viewers)

Hard to argue, we had one of the worst lines last year and lost 3 starters off of it. We had the 31st ranked run game by ypc and got our QB hurt multiple times.

I’m as hype for Fuaga as you’ll see but I’m in wait and see mode. If we’re going to win anything this year we need to protect Carr and run the ball

I don't know if we had the "worst O-Line" compared to the present league, because I did not watch all the other teams' games.

I have watched almost all Saints games in decades, and we did have the "worst O-Line" compared to previous Saints teams.

Last edited:
First 8 games of 23 we were arguably the worst OL in football.

2nd half of 23 we were decent. Maybe middle of the pack.

Ram was at 50% of his real self when he was on the field. We will definitely be better this year. New scheme plus some youth. But nowhere close to what we have grown used to.

Likely due to the unknowns. Other than McCoy and Ruiz, we know Fuaga is going to win a Tackle position, and while the Saints will try Penning at RT and Saldiveri at LG, those positions are at minimum unsettled. It's quite possible that one or two of out of Udoh, Patrick, Lemieux, Herron, Young, could win out one or both positions.

For that reason, I wouldn't rank them very high at this point either, but I don't know about dead last.

Ram was at 50% of his real self when he was on the field. We will definitely be better this year. New scheme plus some youth. But nowhere close to what we have grown used to.

The problem is: 100% of Trevor Penning may not be as good as 50% of Ram. I'd like to think that there is some inherent growth that each player can show, but frankly the NFL is littered with guys who peaked at replacement level. Of course, that replacement level *may* be better than what we had, at times, last year!

The problem is: 100% of Trevor Penning may not be as good as 50% of Ram. I'd like to think that there is some inherent growth that each player can show, but frankly the NFL is littered with guys who peaked at replacement level. Of course, that replacement level *may* be better than what we had, at times, last year!
No disagreement on that. Our OL played better last year with both of those guys on the bench. So at worst, we should be on par with our November/December 2023 OL.

In 2006, we went from Worst to First, and a berth in the NFCCG.

2024 is NOT the same scenario, especially since we're talking picking up Drew Brees. Then again, having Brees didn't ensure that we'd be a juggernaut... we had a few seasons with Brees where we were at or below .500.

Bottom line, we have new pieces, and a revamped coaching staff. It's possible that we'll be pleasantly surprised. :scratch:

"Records are set to be broken."

:gosaints:

Player personnel has been an issue. Hopefully the new eyes can put together a decent line. Carr had no help last season and was too harshly criticized. I’d like to see what he could do with a top ten line, serviceable tightend and three solid wide receivers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom