2024 PFF O-Line Rankings - Saints Ranked Last (7 Viewers)

I don't take much stock in a list that has the Eagles at 2 (Lost a HOF at the 2nd most important position on the line? Nah, no worries) and the 7 spot being taken by the Chiefs with the note saying there are "many questions at tackle".

All I remember from watching the two Bucs - Saints games last year is we didn't get nearly as much pressure on Carr as I would have liked. Of course, that could say more about my team's pass rush, or lack thereof. Spoiler alert, that's the Bucs Achilles heel this year.

I have more faith in our Oline this coming season as opposed to last year. That may not say much thošŸ¤£
Not me. Last year we had Ram who we thought was a pro bowler and had the same hope in Penning that was have in Fuaga this year. Tons of uncertainty right now. We also lost Peat, who overachieved last year, for another question mark. Once again we are relying heavily on Penning but only with another year of evidence to point to that says heā€™s really bad

Hard to argue, we had one of the worst lines last year and lost 3 starters off of it. We had the 31st ranked run game by ypc and got our QB hurt multiple times.

Iā€™m as hype for Fuaga as youā€™ll see but Iā€™m in wait and see mode. If weā€™re going to win anything this year we need to protect Carr and run the ball
Iā€™m not agreeing or disagreeing, just pointing out that losing 3 starters from the worst offensive line in the league is not necessarily a bad thing.

Not me. Last year we had Ram who we thought was a pro bowler and had the same hope in Penning that was have in Fuaga this year. Tons of uncertainty right now. We also lost Peat, who overachieved last year, for another question mark. Once again we are relying heavily on Penning but only with another year of evidence to point to that says heā€™s really bad
Honestly I feel like we canā€™t be as bad as last year. That offense and OLine play was hard to watch. Like extremely hard to watch.

Honestly I feel like we canā€™t be as bad as last year. That offense and OLine play was hard to watch. Like extremely hard to watch.
there are a few variables that indicate that the Saints could be better on offenseā€¦with the most popular bring that itā€™d be hard for them to be much worse. Certainly not very objective. Other arguments being Carr having another year in the system, but then again there is a new OCā€¦so who knows? Objectively, there is a lot more reason than not to suggest that this offense will be close to last years offense. Iā€™m fine with the skepticismā€¦the Saints have earned it

Last edited:
I'm really excited about Fuaga, I think he will be settled in by game 3 and performing well enough.

I think Penning is underrated. I saw some good work from him last year, and flashes of his strength. I think the reason he sat down was not his ability, but his immaturity. There was something funny about the whole thing, I suspect it wasn't just the toe.

We'll need a big blocking TE and a QB that can lead and coach this OL, or they could struggle.

Last edited:
I'm really excited about Fuaga, I think he will be settled in by game 3 and performing well enough.

I think Penning is underrated. I saw some good work from him last year, and flashes of his strength. I think the reason he sat down was not his ability, but his immaturity. There was something funny about the whole thing, I suspect it wasn't just the toe.

We'll need a big blocking TE and a QB that can lead and coach this OL, or they could struggle.
Penning was incredibly raw and then was perpetually injured, so he hasnā€™t developed. Heā€™s pretty much the same guy that we drafted, only with a longer injury history and shaken confidence.

Oh wow. Idk, but we were so bad last year, and with many unproven fixes I can understand who made the rankings.
On another note, I wonder how the sunshine pumpers in this forum will react to this. Sometimes itā€™s better to fly low and let the field make the statements, you know. Oh well, itā€™s always better

I believe it. We have a former 1st round pick who the staff thought so little of they put him on the bench for most of last year. And oh he's switching positions. Then we have a rookie 1st round pick who is switching positions. And we have a 2nd year guard who was a tackle in college who didn't get on the field last year. Those are three of our five starters. I'm not an expert on all O-Lines across the league but that's not great. On the flipside, it has a lot of potential if they all pan out. It could be top 10 or it could be bottom 10.

What stood out to me reading through the whole thing is there are 20+ teams that have serious question marks on their OL.

That's kind of something I keep hearing on NOF. That most teams have 1 or 2 good OL and are using scheme to cover the rest of them. If that's the case, we could be better off at OL than we think.

What stood out to me reading through the whole thing is there are 20+ teams that have serious question marks on their OL.
Well, Underhill did an article on it about 2 months ago, which is why this ranking is meh.

On average, if you're using PFF grades, only a handful of teams have 3 guys on their oline with players rated 70 or above. Most team, have no more than two good olineman and the rest are below average. The Saints are one of I think 10 teams that only have 1 player with above 70, and that's McCoy.

So if the Rookie, or Penning, or Saldiveri or even Ruiz grades above 70 they'll be above average. It's not nearly as bad as it's being made to seem. Oline play is trash across the NFL.

No lie, I did NOT like the idea of the Saints movin Fuaga from RT to LT! šŸ˜ 

Weā€™ll find out more whether it was the correct move r not once the pads come on in TC. But by ALL accounts, from media, players n ESPECIALLY da coaches, it's been so far so good for the rook!

One of the FEW things Fuaga himself felt he wanted to improve on in his game was doin a better job in ā€œfollowing throughā€ n bein more ā€œaggressiveā€ in his run blocking, saying:

ā€œ You remember the movie, ā€œThe Water Boyā€? Something like THAT! ā€œ

šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom