37 Words (1 Viewer)

Madmarsha

Feral housewife
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I was never an athlete growing up in the '70s so I never really gave much thought to Title IX. Most of you are men here so maybe you never gave much thought to it either. But I know a lot of you are girl dads so I'm curious what YOUR thoughts are on Title IX and, more specifically, the impact that male-to-female transgender athletes may have on your daughter athletes.

I was never an athlete growing up in the '70s so I never really gave much thought to Title IX. Most of you are men here so maybe you never gave much thought to it either. But I know a lot of you are girl dads so I'm curious what YOUR thoughts are on Title IX and, more specifically, the impact that male-to-female transgender athletes may have on your daughter athletes.
I think it's insane. I've no trouble with transgender, but they should compete in an appropriate setting. A mtf athlete gains insurmountable physical advantage via biology.

My opinion is transgender athletes compete with other similar transgender athletes in a new category.

I think it's insane. I've no trouble with transgender, but they should compete in an appropriate setting. A mtf athlete gains insurmountable physical advantage via biology.

My opinion is transgender athletes compete with other similar transgender athletes in a new category.

To the parent of that transgender athlete, I get how they would have a different take. But the thing that gets me is that for 50 years, there was no debate on what a "woman" is. We knew who was a woman. And during that 50 years, it was still always .. and continued to be .. a battle. And now in the 51st and 52nd years, there is yet a new battle that the women of 1972 didn't have to overcome.

No one said back then, Hey, let the girls play or you'll risk them becoming suicidal and then their death will be on your head. But that's sometimes being said these days and no one's even allowed to counter that shutting down even being able to debate that.

But I really want to hear from you girl dads.

To the parent of that transgender athlete, I get how they would have a different take. But the thing that gets me is that for 50 years, there was no debate on what a "woman" is. We knew who was a woman. And during that 50 years, it was still always .. and continued to be .. a battle. And now in the 51st and 52nd years, there is yet a new battle that the women of 1972 didn't have to overcome.

No one said back then, Hey, let the girls play or you'll risk them becoming suicidal and then their death will be on your head. But that's sometimes being said these days and no one's even allowed to counter that shutting down even being able to debate that.

But I really want to hear from you girl dads.
We still know what a woman or man is physically.

They can feel different and I support them if they do. Denying their biology to accept them mentally only causes additional harm to both women and the trans athlete.

My daughter is a three sport athlete (volleyball, basketball, softball) and we only had one instance where a trans girl(not sure if I’m using correct nomenclature) was on the other team.
She was such a terrible athlete it wasn’t really even noticed.
I guess I don’t see the point in attacking these kids who are already getting constantly bullied.
I do have a hard time accepting female athletes losing existing records to trans athletes and sports like boxing are an obvious problem.
I think it’s good to open up dialog because these kids need a place to compete.

I guess I don’t see the point in attacking these kids who are already getting constantly bullied.'
I don't want anyone bullied. But I also don't see the point in telling biological women to just suck it up and denying their voice when the need for Title IX in many cases was that .....

I think it’s good to open up dialog because these kids need a place to compete.
... girls DIDN'T have a place to compete, not just an inequality of facilities.

I don't want anyone bullied. But I also don't see the point in telling biological women to just suck it up and denying their voice when the need for Title IX in many cases was that .....

... girls DIDN'T have a place to compete, not just an inequality of facilities.
Oh, I agree 100%

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom