40th Anniversary of E.T. the Extra Terrestrial (1 Viewer)

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
June 11th 1982 (Jesus)

I know we didn’t see it opening weekend. Im not even sure when I first saw it

That June? That Summer? It was in theaters for well over a year, it could have been anytime

I don’t remember the date, but I’ll never forget seeing it for the first time

To this day still one of my favorites

And to this day I have to steel myself

”Okay Prime, you’ve seen this movie a million times. You know he comes back to life”

Still gets me

And the scene where he does come back to life makes me smile every single time I see it

John Williams’ score is one of his best. The music during the end scene is incredible

I saw it a few times when it came out because family was nice enough to remember to invite the poor kid when they went.

I thought that it was cool the first time. It had some good moments.

This explains why it’s been playing all day on the SciFi channel. Saw it at the movie theater at Oakwood Mall.

I remember seeing it at the theater! I was so scared but I didn't want to show it because my dad would make us leave if he saw I was afraid. I was a bebe.

I tried to show it to my nephew when he was younger, but he politely asked if we could stop watching because it was scary.

My feelings were hurt, but I understood. Kids today aren't built 80's Tough.

I know a guy, same age, height and build as me - even has the same name and birthday, weird I know. Anyway, I’ve heard that this guy has never seen the whole movie. I’m embarrassed for him.

This explains why it’s been playing all day on the SciFi channel. Saw it at the movie theater at Oakwood Mall.

I saw it at the Lakeside Theaters (not be confused w/Lakeside Cinema) .. which is where i remember seeing many other big movies of the day like Poltergeist and Pee Wee’s Big Adventure .. also, had my first date there in junior high with my first little girlfriend, to see a movie called Some Kind of Wonderful.. happened to see it again the other night; it still holds up, and is my second-favorite Hughes film, right behind Ferris Bueller .

I know a guy, same age, height and build as me - even has the same name and birthday, weird I know. Anyway, I’ve heard that this guy has never seen the whole movie. I’m embarrassed for him.

Are you referring to @Bill ? That guy claims to have only ever seen two movies in his entire life- Jaws and Jedi .

I saw it at the Lakeside Theaters (not be confused w/Lakeside Cinema) .. which is where i remember seeing many other big movies of the day like Poltergeist and Pee Wee’s Big Adventure .. also, had my first date there in junior high with my first little girlfriend, to see a movie called Some Kind of Wonderful.. happened to see it again the other night; it still holds up, and is my second-favorite Hughes film, right behind Ferris Bueller .
That’s the one that’s close to the Whole Foods now?
That’s where I saw it

Are you referring to @Bill ? That guy claims to have only ever seen two movies in his entire life- Jaws and Jedi .
Actually those were the only two movies that I went to the movie theater to see. (And I fell asleep on the Star Wars flick.)
I did watch Apollo 13 when it came on TV. I've actually watched that one a few times because it was a true story. I'm not into fantasy at all.
I do want to see the flying scenes from the new Top Gun movie when it finally comes to the small screen. I like flying!

That’s the one that’s close to the Whole Foods now?
That’s where I saw it

Yeah, last time i was there pre- The Great Pandemic, there was a Petco and an Office Depot i believe, but the Office Depot i think was closing.. also there’s a Lee’s Hamburgers right there, and not far from WF .

I was a grown adult when I first saw it and thought it was beautiful. My daughter was 2 when she first saw it and
it terrified her. I later learned the movie also scared many young children.

Actually those were the only two movies that I went to the movie theater to see. (And I fell asleep on the Star Wars flick.)
I did watch Apollo 13 when it came on TV. I've actually watched that one a few times because it was a true story. I'm not into fantasy at all.
I do want to see the flying scenes from the new Top Gun movie when it finally comes to the small screen. I like flying!

So youve actually seen 3 movies in ur life… Got it .

You should try to see Maverick on the big screen, that’s what it was intended for.. i still kick myself for never seeing the original on a big screen, but i couldnt help it due to a personal tragedy that occurred on the day i was supposed to go see it back in 1986.. .. Did not wind up seeing it til almost two years later , on VHS .

You should try to see Maverick on the big screen, that’s what it was intended for.. i still kick myself for never seeing the original on a big screen, but i couldnt help it due to a personal tragedy that occurred on the day i was supposed to go see it back in 1986.. .. Did not wind up seeing it til almost two years later , on VHS .
Movies are kinda pricey for me. Money is extremely tight right now. I've even had to give up playing golf (which I adore).
Times are tough. :(

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom