49ers Mostert Demands Trade (1 Viewer)

I think his agent has probably overplayed his hand, given Mostert is likely benefiting from a great system with excellent blocking. The trouble is the Niners are smart enough to know they can slot in any of their rotational backs and still get production.

Mostert and the Niners are better off together than apart.

I agree, most players follow money but don’t think as much about the teams schemes and how it fits them. The 49ers have a very good run blocking O-line, I’m not savvy enough to determine if they’re more man or zone scheme but it fits what he does well. Being traded isn’t always good for future careers.

Not so much. His star has risen quite a bit and the team wants to pay him more, so it's not whether he deserves an increase, just the matter of how much of an increase.

I think his agent has probably overplayed his hand, given Mostert is likely benefiting from a great system with excellent blocking. The trouble is the Niners are smart enough to know they can slot in any of their rotational backs and still get production.

Mostert and the Niners are better off together than apart.

It's a tough mental game for a player. Football players are money making machines. You have just about everyone in your sphere from your family and friends to your agent telling you whats best for you. More often its really whats best for them. AKA chase the money. Unfortunately we see all too often players that take the money now and move to a broken system/poorly run team willing to pay more.

On the flip side, you could have a career-ending injury at any moment so strike while the iron is hot. Hard to blame a player for taking either choice. The game is much safer these days and recovery times are a fraction of what they once were so if it were me, I'd lean toward dancing with the one that brought me.

Mostert is good in the 9ers offense. Might not be the same in a SP offense. I stick with #41. Mostert want to start. 9ers just traded Matt Brieda to the Dolphins 3weeks ago.

Murray has been very reliable. In his career (since 2014), he's NEVER averaged less than 3.9 ypc, and has ZERO fumbles in the last 2 seasons (3 fumbles in past 4 years).

His 31 TD's in the past 4 seasons isn't too shabby either.

Ingram has 34 TD's in the past 4 seasons, but has had 4 fumbles in the past 2 seasons (8 fumbles in past 4 years).

Mostert has 9 TD's in the past 2 seasons, and 2 fumbles in those 2 seasons. Mostert's YPC is better than Murray or Ingram, but Ingram, Murray AND AK41 all had more yards last season.

Not so sure we really need Mostert, especially since we expect a HEALTHY Alvin Kamara this coming season.

:gosaints:

Last edited:
I
Murray has been very reliable. In his career (since 2014), he's NEVER averaged less than 3.9 ypc, and has ZERO fumbles in the last 2 seasons (3 fumbles in past 4 years).

His 31 TD's in the past 4 seasons isn't too shabby either.

Ingram has 34 TD's in the past 4 seasons, but has had 4 fumbles in the past 2 seasons (8 fumbles in past 4 years).

Mostert has 9 TD's in the past 2 seasons, and 2 fumbles in those 2 seasons. Mostert's YPC is better than Murray or Ingram, but Ingram, Murray AND AK41 all had more yards last season.

Not so sure we really need Mostert, especially since we expect a HEALTHY Alvin Kamara this coming season.

:gosaints:
I think the 'must have shiny new toy' posts dried up on this one pretty quick, to be honest.

His best bet is playing in San Fransisco or wherever Shanahan coaches. Because the guy flat out knows how to create good offenses.

He looked great last year, but it was only one year. I’m guessing he wants to get paid like a top back, but I wouldn’t pay him too much after just one good year.

I’d be like before we gave you a shot you were with 6 different teams in two years. You just signed a 3 year deal before last season and are due a base salary of $2.575 million next season. If you have another great year then we will rip up that last year and pay you what you worth plus make up for this year if you prove your worth. If it wasn’t for us giving you that shot you might still be just a special teams player.

We don’t need him at all. I think we have one of the better RB depth charts in the league. Kamara is one of the best. Murray complements him perfectly in that he’s a big back. Montgomery can be a poor man’s Kamara and offer that same kind of skill set. And Washington is as good a third back as one could ask for if we never signed Montgomery IMO. Plus we have an undrafted back and we all know our history with those

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom