5 of these 9 bands will be inducted into the RnR HOF next year: (1 Viewer)

I think all of them should be inducted altough I was never a big fan of the Specter produced Ronettes. I always felt the Wall of Sound should have been the Wall of Noise. Yeah, I am not a big Specter fan.

I am guessing the inductees will be:
Chic
TDC5
R.E.M.
Ronettes
Van Halen

I've been waiting for REM to finally get their 25 years, and be elected

Chic? As in "Awe, freak out!!!" :shrug: What am I missing? Would this be something like "M" getting in for "Pop Music?" Do I have the right act? Did they go on to become some underground treasure that I never heard of otherwise? Did (maybe) some of their members go on to influence rock as none before them?

Help. Jazzbo, Juxe, anyone? :shrug:

TPS

That list sucks. except for Van Halen. THESE are the bands that NEED to be in the Hall ASAP:

Kiss
Iron Maiden
Black Sabbath
Judas Priest
Def Leppard
Van Halen

All of those bands are eligible or will be in the next year. All of those bands are essential to what rock and roll and heavy metal are all about. Nuff said!

The term "Rock" is so diluted that it no longer has meaning.

What is often referred to as "rock" is pop, disco, Motown, funk, bubble gum, folk, Easy listening, etc...

I argue that most of the Beatles music is not rock. I call it pop. Good music but not rock. Beach Boys. Good, but not Rock.

Chic? As in "Awe, freak out!!!" :shrug: What am I missing? Would this be something like "M" getting in for "Pop Music?" Do I have the right act? Did they go on to become some underground treasure that I never heard of otherwise? Did (maybe) some of their members go on to influence rock as none before them?

If they're gonna allow a disco band in then it should be Heatwave. 'Nuff said!

Help. Jazzbo, Juxe, anyone? :shrug:

Don't look at me, I'm having problems, too. I can't read the part of your post expressing outrage that Yes & King Crimson were criminally shut out once again. :shrug:

The term "Rock" is so diluted that it no longer has meaning.

What is often referred to as "rock" is pop, disco, Motown, funk, bubble gum, folk, Easy listening, etc...

I argue that most of the Beatles music is not rock. I call it pop. Good music but not rock. Beach Boys. Good, but not Rock.

They need to just change it to the "Music Hall of Fame" or something because there seems to be people in there from every form of music except for maybe country.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom