6 sacks, 4 turnovers (1 Viewer)

Nightshade

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Along with 7 passes defended and 9 tackles for a loss and only allowed 26 yards rushing. Matt Ryan was the falcons leading rusher with 16 yards.

This defense has gotten downright nasty I love it.

Along with 7 passes defended and 9 tackles for a loss and only allowed 26 yards rushing. Matt Ryan was the falcons leading rusher with 16 yards.

Good teams find a way to win and that's what the Saints defense did last night.

Suppose Williams doesn't force the Matt Ryan fumble or Anzalone doesn't light up Julio Jones right before halftime or Lattimore doesn't strip Ridley or Davison doesn't throw up a big paw and deflects a pass at the LOS which turns into an int then this game takes on a totally different meaning!!

To think someone in the Gameday thread was complaining we had no pass rush. I did point out at the time we had 4 sacks.

Someone else also was saying Atlanta was beating themselves. U know cause Marcus Williams didn't cause the first fumble, Anzalone didn't cause the Jones fumble..Davison didn't cause the INT to fall to Klein...Lattimore didn't hustle to cause the Ridley fumble either..

The overreaction that goes on in those threads is crazy. I thought we were losing by some of the comments.

Last edited:

Suppose Williams doesn't force the Matt Ryan fumble or Anzalone doesn't light up Julio Jones right before halftime or Lattimore doesn't strip Ridley or Davison doesn't throw up a big paw and deflects a pass at the LOS which turns into an int then this game takes on a totally different meaning!!
Suppose the ref actually calls the glaring PI on Drews int. We go up by 14 early and it’s acompletely different ball game very early. This can go both ways. Our defense played very well and deserve their props.

Last edited:

What if, what if, what if........ but guess what a good defense makes these kinds of plays.

Not sure why some folks point to a play or two early in a game and assume the whole thing would have changed an outcome. Brees could have easily flung it around more, but didn’t have to because we jumped up by 21. It’s not as if our offense would have sat on its hands or preserved players to avoid injury if they were in a tied up game.

Suppose the ref actually calls the glaring PI on Drews int. We go up by 14 early and it’s acompletely different ball game very early. This can go both ways. Our defense played very well and deserve their props.

Agree. They also didn’t just willingly give us the ball or drop it. They had it taken away from them forcefully. Props to this D all around.

For those who focus on yards and want to complain about what we gave up you have to also consider Atlanta was forced into going for it on forth down starting at the end of the first half. It’s not easy to stop an offense for 4 downs an entire half of football.

Eli Apple is a big reason, also Sheldon Rankins is a bull and I'm loving the way he is turning it on.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom